SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

as if a grad can negotiate salary.. your one of thousands in most cases be grateful when your worth something you'll get a rise :)

exactly what I'd expect of a grad position - everyone starts on the same level with the same amount of experience

so umm... what's it do?

haha injects water and methanol into the engine. Water absorbs a shit load of heat (and cleans the engine) and methanol is 116~ octane.

Should hopefully get me to around 240-250kw

that sounds like absolute boners!

I was thinking to myself the other day 'damn why has no one stuffed a 4.8 litre Patrol motor into an import'. How much was one of those motors worth, and how were you able to buy it by itself brand new and without owning a new patrol1?

w00t... got an email from hallam nissan sayin the VK56VD is ready for pickup...

muhahahahaha

5.6L V8 out of the new patrol. going into the s14.

that was my tax return.

Fucking hell!

With about 560 N·m of torque and about 300kW's from factory in a S14 which weighs probably about just over 1 tonne if not less if you strip it...

You'd ass rape just about every car on the street with that!

How much it set you back?

anyone know a decent 2-stage boost controller? One which allows to run wastegate or defined boost with a flick of a switch or two defined boost points.

ebc, go a gizzmo cheap and works a treat

ebc, go a gizzmo cheap and works a treat

trying to come up with a failsafe for my water/meth. The system has a trigger wire, either ground or 5v. Want it to trigger a boost controller so it switches to low boost/wastegate boost. If you turn off an ebc during boost does it revert to wastegate pressure or stay at the pressure whilst it was on.

I was thinking to myself the other day 'damn why has no one stuffed a 4.8 litre Patrol motor into an import'. How much was one of those motors worth, and how were you able to buy it by itself brand new and without owning a new patrol1?

one of the guys at hallam nissan parts owes me a few favours, so he hooked me up. ordered it on the workshop's trade account.

to be honest i didn't think i'd get one till the end of the year, so dunno how he managed to get one already. maybe its one of the ones out of the test cars they're trialling now. no idea what price it is, i just told him to get me one asap lol.

nowhere near ready to spend money on the track car yet, so might hold off on it... at least until i figure out how i'm gonna run the engine etc. we've done an LS1 swap into an S13 and a VH swap into an r32, so VK into s14 should be fun.

If my calculations are right it should sit between and behind the strut towers, which means all the weight of the car will be between the wheelbase.