SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

you guys can all suck a big fat dick with your "there's plenty events and if you cared you'd make one yourself" drivel. seriously, this broken record needs to be put to rest.

for starters, lots of people attend social meets that are organised by the lads in the SE burbs, but you guys are probably too new to remember that these social meets were started out of frustration with SAU-VIC's inability to provide regular small scale local social meets and cruises. SAU-VIC is great at organising motorsport events and epic cruises, but at a grassroots level, the only social interaction is on the forum. At its peak we had independent groups in the north and south east organising dinner meets/cruises... nowadays its just the SE guys who carry the tradition.

now, onto the topic of taking initiative, if a newbie or someone relatively unknown posts up a cruise or a meet, lets just assume they actually know how to organise a proper one, the thread usually gets you trolls in there bagging them out for being a hoon meet or "sif attend an amature meet". It takes a fair amount of experience to organise a meet (post thread, directions, updates etc, show up on time, make sure venue can cater for parking etc) and an even more amount of skill to organise a cruise. Hell I'd never go to a cruise a newbie posts up, but I would check out one a regular organises.

So with that said, you guys who are regulars need to harden the fuck up and take more initiative to help out newcomers. And maybe try, as hard as it may, to occasionally dismount your gilded fucking high horses to show a bit more empathy towards someone new to the community who may not know where to look, or who to talk to, or even how to spell.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've had way too much alcohol, so I'm gonna go sleep it off.

Fuck all y'all. Cept the newbies... cos we :D newbies.

well then, if thats what he wants...he should make a cruise....but in his case his only here to start shit...all his posts i read are just him flamming on about shit..i guess he just wasnt shown enough love when he was a child and missed a few too many hugs...its ok alex. god loves you.

your a fkn dum knt mate shut your mouth your waffling on about absolute bs i know u have no clue but seriously i have not asked for a cruise once go back to school learn to read and comprehend before making another comment

edit.

you guys can all suck a big fat dick with your "there's plenty events and if you cared you'd make one yourself" drivel. seriously, this broken record needs to be put to rest.

for starters, lots of people attend social meets that are organised by the lads in the SE burbs, but you guys are probably too new to remember that these social meets were started out of frustration with SAU-VIC's inability to provide regular small scale local social meets and cruises. SAU-VIC is great at organising motorsport events and epic cruises, but at a grassroots level, the only social interaction is on the forum. At its peak we had independent groups in the north and south east organising dinner meets/cruises... nowadays its just the SE guys who carry the tradition.

now, onto the topic of taking initiative, if a newbie or someone relatively unknown posts up a cruise or a meet, lets just assume they actually know how to organise a proper one, the thread usually gets you trolls in there bagging them out for being a hoon meet or "sif attend an amature meet". It takes a fair amount of experience to organise a meet (post thread, directions, updates etc, show up on time, make sure venue can cater for parking etc) and an even more amount of skill to organise a cruise. Hell I'd never go to a cruise a newbie posts up, but I would check out one a regular organises.

So with that said, you guys who are regulars need to harden the fuck up and take more initiative to help out newcomers. And maybe try, as hard as it may, to occasionally dismount your gilded fucking high horses to show a bit more empathy towards someone new to the community who may not know where to look, or who to talk to, or even how to spell.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've had way too much alcohol, so I'm gonna go sleep it off.

at least you get it..

Mate , Where abouts in bundoora are u from?? Im at bundoora to, we could just meet up sometime, but i dont my have car atm!! :D

Dat aint a prob mate... I would be glad to meet up and make sme friends around here... Prolly would drive u around... Am around bundy square... where abts r u ???

your a fkn dum knt mate shut your mouth your waffling on about absolute bs i know u have no clue but seriously i have not asked for a cruise once go back to school learn to read and comprehend before making another comment and if maybe ill see you tomorrow night and i can show you some love then fkn big mouth.

is that ment to be a threat you little small flamin mongrel? all you ever do on these forums is f*kn cry...listen do us all a favour dig yourself a hole, delete your user and never fkn come out of that hole. coz guess what..no-one likes you. fkn shit flamin mongrel with his space ship body kit. for all of yous who havnt seen it..it looks abit like this.

blags...i get the point i couldnt agree more there aint enough social meets...but im just sick of the alex fag trying to always start shit with people...some1 needs to set him straight.

bodykits.jpg

lol lol lol u muppet you have no fkn idea what so ever.. and please dont start on cars you've got a stock 33 with white painted stock rims.. tough bro?

your f**ked.. get some help bro... with ya fkn fail kebab cruises sick u leh.. wanker.

not to mention i'd take that merc over your fail boat anyday with its hectic bov .. wow man cool do the year 9's froth for ya over that?

edit.

oh oh oh and wait for it

your f**kn twat look at your own thread... king muzfail him self

http://www.vicimportsclub.com/forums/thread-1278.html

"Last minute meets and cruises"

MUZT3K

Cruising the Import Scene Posts: 121

Car: Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T Series 2

Last minute Meets/Cruises

Hey guys i think we need a thread like this...coz some nights i get bored and feel like cruising but theres no cruises on...so if anyone wants to cruise last minute or just meet up...post it here and most likely someone else will want to too!

but theres a million and one events ey brooo?

oh and finnally you agree with me and blags but u need to set me straight.. yeh right.. fkn wana be.. "muztek" i dont need to say any more then that..

Thank you funky... though i am a newbie here... when i checked out the site i found dere were oly race events n no social events lik cruses n dinner... i mean i could hardly find one... and dis was jus about meetin couplea bloakes who are member of the club... i clearly dun see why it is regarded as an issue here... It was jus a meet to get to knw few ppl around where i live who are fellow skyline owners... N how many ppl do u think would turn up in a 2 hr notice... Prolly one or two at the max... a small drive, dinner, drinks n gettin to knw each other... i dun c how dat is regarded as an event...

I guess you've got the authority and power to make changes in the events calendar... N it worth havin a discussion cuz i bet heaps of em wanna do it... ppl here tak lik it never works or will fail even before they have given it a shot...

Hmm i think alot of points have been made here... nismoid please just close it.. pointless and to many people are talkin shit...

H00N i honestly envy how much balls u have asking to make a cruze and meet new people as a noob... as when i was i was shit scared coz i know how intimidating these pricks can be...

keep looking around try organise a cruze or meet up i would be glad to come and bring my 32 :D

cheers and close this shit f*k sake lol :)

lol lol lol u muppet you have no fkn idea what so ever.. and please dont start on cars you've got a stock 33 with white painted stock rims.. tough bro?

your f**ked.. get some help bro... with ya fkn fail kebab cruises sick u leh.. wanker.

see ya round mate

not to mention i'd take that merc over your fail boat anyday with its hectic bov .. wow man cool do the year 9's froth for ya over that?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/boardrules.html

Have a read of them. Speifically this:

Treat all members with respect and courtesy - We will ban any member(s) who make personal attacks, threats or mistreats any other member in anyway (discretion is up to the moderator at the time of the offence).

Just because you are a club member, will not save you from the forum rules.

Keep the abuse down.

thats fine..

whats good for one is good for the other nismoid

muzt3k : blags...i get the point i couldnt agree more there aint enough social meets...but im just sick of the alex fag trying to always start shit with people...some1 needs to set him straight.

Thank you funky... though i am a newbie here... when i checked out the site i found dere were oly race events n no social events lik cruses n dinner... i mean i could hardly find one... and dis was jus about meetin couplea bloakes who are member of the club... i clearly dun see why it is regarded as an issue here... It was jus a meet to get to knw few ppl around where i live who are fellow skyline owners... N how many ppl do u think would turn up in a 2 hr notice... Prolly one or two at the max... a small drive, dinner, drinks n gettin to knw each other... i dun c how dat is regarded as an event...

I guess you've got the authority and power to make changes in the events calendar... N it worth havin a discussion cuz i bet heaps of em wanna do it... ppl here tak lik it never works or will fail even before they have given it a shot...

Hmm i think alot of points have been made here... nismoid please just close it.. pointless and to many people are talkin shit...

H00N i honestly envy how much balls u have asking to make a cruze and meet new people as a noob... as when i was i was shit scared coz i know how intimidating these pricks can be...

keep looking around try organise a cruze or meet up i would be glad to come and bring my 32 :)

cheers and close this shit f*k sake lol :D

I'd be glad to least try organising one... i am an enthusiast... If i could pull up smethin i willl let ya knw... i'd be glad to roll wid fellow skyline mates... :D

omg im in stitches...

my mate just told me about a callout he did yesterday.

he needed to contact an IS Manager in regards to a major outage... it was about 10am locally.

the first time he called it rang out... the second time he called it rang for a while then answered... he started his usual greeting only to be greeted by shuffling.

it seems the IS manager had tried to cancel the call sending it to messagebank but accidentally hit the answer button. My friend was then greeted by a females making a slow groaning sound which got louder and more regular followed by a slapping sound and louder groans :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

epic fail.

I draw the line here however Shan.

The Club, as i've stated before, is only as good as it's members. It members are frustrated, it is because of their own doing in many respects. Yes the buck stops with me in terms of overall club management, however my Committee is only every as good as the people in it, and the committment level that those people show.

I cannot see how the frustration is at all valid. We have what, 6 or 7 people on Committee (excluding motorsport) for a club of 300 people. To even expect that level of activity IMO is wrong.

You know first hand exactly how busy it can be with everything, how people get caught up with other priorities and never do the job they said they would on Committee.

That leaves me with my hands ultimately tied behind my back. "X" person says they will help, then "X" person does very little... The club is what looses out at the end of that arrangement.

If those people with frustrations, were on committee and helping to organise events, then where wouldn't be any would there?

It's a dog chasing it's own tail type of scenario. Members are frustrated by their own lack of input/involvement. So they do something about it.

So when you stand back, the people actually fixed their own problem... but do not acknowledge what was causing it in the first place.

It's not Committee inaction, it is member inaction.

This year we had a total of i think 4 people put their hand up for Committee in 2010 (not counting Exec). In 4 months, there will be someone complaining about something not being done right - but honestly what do people expect when they are unwilling to help out? These are in my view unreasonable statements and gripes.

The job is done to the best of it's ability with the people and resources we have, and they are extremely limited at the best of times.

Enough outta me, time to go and hit Future.

:D