SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

depends what youve already got... ive got around 400 divx and 600 DVDs. Slowly replacing all the DVDs and Divx with HD or high res divx rips.

Got around 1400 TV eps too

Dunno if your into this sorta thing but there is a TV show called Spartacus Blood and Sand... its out in 720p which isnt a bad show.

I have about

2,300 TV Episodes

427 Movies

67,000 Music Tracks

700 Music Videos

thats about 2.6tb of storage

Anyone just watch A Current Affair on that Hoon down one of the main streets in Adelaide? Notice that they said "All police are interested in doing now is catching this Nissan Skyline", notice that it was a Cefiro and not a Skyline?

f**k Media.

I can organise a BBQ one arvo at the workshop in campbellfield if you guys up north wanna come hang out.

if ur takling about campbellfield in vic im there lol! duno if theres 1 in qld...but just making sure :laugh:

mmm mr muztek such hostility toward alex. did you guys have a bad breakup or something?

it would be cool if an actual meet eventuated. it would be funny to see who actually speaks to people face to face like they do when theyre bashing keyboards.

Last time i post on this... im a broken record time again...

It's all well and good for us to bring people onto Committee, and we have tried on many occasions.

However if those people do not then contribute very little, what can i do about it? Unfortunately nothing.

It's a very common picture

- People think they are cut-out for Committee.

- We take them onboard.

- Within a couple of months have lost all interest and step down or stop even basic communication with other Committee members.

Seen it time and time again over the past 5 years of this club and being on/around Committee.

There is a very small group within the club ranks, that if not for them, this club would not be around today.

It is only through sheer dedication of a few, that keeps this all running for the many. I would much rather see 100 people putting their hand up each year to help... but what we get is usually less than five.

So we only then can put on events that we can manage/facilitate with such limited numbers.

That's been the entire theme of all my posts thus far that a lot of people seem to just keep missing.

This club exists for members - BY MEMBERS.

End of this, at least someone has finally stepped up and posted a meet. Really wasn't that hard I'm sure :D

However keep it going regularly is where the challenge lies.

Dw sau Vic has always been like this. Us guys in the se suburbs have been making our own to make up for the lack of cruises EVEN when there where people that were officIally appointed roles in sau vics "executive" committee to create these small meets for everyone. What a surprise that they did Jack shit and did not organise anything. Of course myself and a few other sau members volenteered for these positions and because of how secluded the executive committee of sau is of course they wouldn't even consider anyone they don't personally like to actually do the job that they are meant to do. I'm already regretting renewing my membership.

So in effect what your saying your very own close mate Bez did nothing when he was brought into this apparently "secluded" Committee?

Seems a bit odd you make such statements and claims, yet in reality it's quite different :)

Grt turn out... Had an awesome tym... way betta dan wat i expected... being a noob it was good to meet new ppl n actully tak to em n get to knw em... F'in awesme... Thanx to u alex... i def had a grt tym... I bet u did c dat written all ova my face... :D .... lolzzz... Thank u boyzz n galzz... Hope to meetz all of u'z again n get to knw more of y'all... cheers...

Dat aint a prob mate... I would be glad to meet up and make sme friends around here... Prolly would drive u around... Am around bundy square... where abts r u ???

I live at la trobe university, thats pretty close to bundoora sq mate.. Well we can meet up on thursday , just casually , ill even find out from some people who stay in this area if they wanna cm along!!

I live at la trobe university, thats pretty close to bundoora sq mate.. Well we can meet up on thursday , just casually , ill even find out from some people who stay in this area if they wanna cm along!!

Awww sure mate... I jus graduated today frm Latrobe uni... :D lolzzz... u go dere too...??? Well i can mke it all mornin until 2 at noon n after 8... cuz i work btw 2 - 8... Else am good wid ne other tym... I went up 2day to da westies meet... was f'in awesme... i really had a grt tym out dere as a noob... wuz fun really... Aite mate... am kwel wid thurs... so lemme knw... If'z u knw ppl around here n get a few bloakes will be grt...

Edited by H00N

if ur takling about campbellfield in vic im there lol! duno if theres 1 in qld...but just making sure :D

lol george, you've been to the workshop already from what Rush tells me, OK I'll organise a BBQ at Driftline sometime this week or on the weekend. When are you guys free?

Alex, no skids anywhere near the shop, before after or during the BBQ, or we will break your legs and shit in your cornflakes. We've worked hard enough to get a good rep with the 5-O, other shopowners and the council and don't plan on screwing that up anytime soon.

i'd buy a ceffy. even in N/A form they're fun with a locked diff. great balance of practicality, moddability and stealth. sucks when it comes to panels though.
Anyone just watch A Current Affair on that Hoon down one of the main streets in Adelaide? Notice that they said "All police are interested in doing now is catching this Nissan Skyline", notice that it was a Cefiro and not a Skyline?

point proven

lol george, you've been to the workshop already from what Rush tells me, OK I'll organise a BBQ at Driftline sometime this week or on the weekend. When are you guys free?

Alex, no skids anywhere near the shop, before after or during the BBQ, or we will break your legs and shit in your cornflakes. We've worked hard enough to get a good rep with the 5-O, other shopowners and the council and don't plan on screwing that up anytime soon.

We did have a few yest... was crazy... wish i had knwn hw to do da same... hmmm... :D ... hpe to try n learn soon... lolzzz...!!! Am in for ur bbq mate...

We did have a few yest... was crazy... wish i had knwn hw to do da same... hmmm... :D ... hpe to try n learn soon... lolzzz...!!! Am in for ur bbq mate...

did a few bbq's yesterday? I'm still half asleep and couldn't work that out haha

simple no woulda been fine :D

was only a joke anyways!

These threads always pop up from time to time and no one can ever give me a decent answer as to why non members never organise causal meets. Sure you see some but why not more?

There is even info on how to do it here - http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Or...nt-t164533.html

Seems to me people enjoy having a whine more that they do actually going on cruises :D