SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

No trolling bozo...these cars in my opinion are too young to be considered classics, not only, but visually just looks like another R34 to me. Cold steel, no heart.

*Face Palm*

Didn't say it was a classic.

the brock commodores had much more heart and soul than any A9X or SLR5000 you know... especially since they were handmade and each one was tailored to the individual buyer...

Guy down the street has a VK SS and XU1, the SS gets to live in the garage LOL.

That plastic pig of a thing...

the brock commodores had much more heart and soul than any A9X or SLR5000 you know... especially since they were handmade and each one was tailored to the individual buyer...

Guy down the street has a VK SS and XU1, the SS gets to live in the garage LOL.

I just want to know who in their right mind is paying 50k plus for a vk/l bombadoor?

I had a vl group A plus pack, what a pile of s*#t no handling, no power and the seats that my nan could have knitted were beautiful.

And as for the VK :) even worse.

Though i am a touch shattered i sold just before they went from 20k-80k!!!!

remember these cars were made same time as r32 gtr, i to at one stage was a bombadoor bogan but glad ive seen the light in the performance car scene, gtr's the only way to go!!!!!

haha but then they DID import kingswood's to Japan and put rotaries in them during the 70s :)

you had a plus pack as in it had an energy polariser and better cold air intake?! you poor bastard, you lost teh game when you sold it! Your memories seem to be a tad jumbled, the HDTs all had Bilstein suspension, not Monroe, and the Scheel seats were trimmed in a nice cloth..

I still think that the VK Group A did look quite tough for what was a remodeled Opel anyway, and yes I am quite aware that that was the top of the line holden offering during the time of the HR31 and R32 (look at the oz spec POS R31 that we got instead! LOL).

remember these cars were made same time as r32 gtr, i to at one stage was a bombadoor bogan but glad ive seen the light in the performance car scene, gtr's the only way to go!!!!!

Remember also that these cars were significantly less expensive than the GTR!

I'll admit technology in Australian production cars was a fair mile behind the rest of the world up until the mid-late nineties - but there's only so much you can put into a car - it's amazing how fast the Aussie cars are catching up. You have to remember that Australia was and still is, by comparison, a tiny country with a tiny new vehicle market. Japan in contrast has laws that support their new car market combined with an immensely larger population. Massive turnover = massive R&D. It's basic economics that our offerings shouldn't be able to compete on a world stage, just like manufacturers such as Malaysia's Proton. So when we do successfully compete on the world stage...it's a pretty amazing thing IMO!

... that reminds you of japanese and european GT cars from the 1970's. testament to australia's finger on the pulse when it comes to design.

...that reminds you of American cars from the 60's!

haha but then they DID import kingswood's to Japan and put rotaries in them during the 70s ;)

you had a plus pack as in it had an energy polariser and better cold air intake?! you poor bastard, you lost teh game when you sold it! Your memories seem to be a tad jumbled, the HDTs all had Bilstein suspension, not Monroe, and the Scheel seats were trimmed in a nice cloth..

I still think that the VK Group A did look quite tough for what was a remodeled Opel anyway, and yes I am quite aware that that was the top of the line holden offering during the time of the HR31 and R32 (look at the oz spec POS R31 that we got instead! LOL).

yes! i did have the plus pack with the polariser, as for the bilsteins ask anyone who owns/owned one of these cars and ask how they handle!!! your in gods hands at over 140kph...

as for the seats they were scheel on the edges and a knitted/ itchy type material in centres.

the vk did look nice on the outside in blue but have you seen the dash, seats, gearbox, 4.9 powerplant!!

im just saying there were no advances in these cars to justify these prices? :P

hehe the VK was ALL go no show, they had the optional T5 gearboxes, roller rockers, heavier valve springs, crane camshaft, port matched manifold, exhaust, custom rims, scheel seats, momo steering wheel + gearknob, bigger brakes and tyres, bodykit and of course the suspension.

Same again for the VL Group A but the 5 speed was standard, maybe you were running more than 21psi in your tyres so that the polariser wasn't working properly :P

hehe the VK was ALL go no show, they had the optional T5 gearboxes, roller rockers, heavier valve springs, crane camshaft, port matched manifold, exhaust, custom rims, scheel seats, momo steering wheel + gearknob, bigger brakes and tyres, bodykit and of course the suspension.

Same again for the VL Group A but the 5 speed was standard, maybe you were running more than 21psi in your tyres so that the polariser wasn't working properly ;)

that must have been it!! we all know its about psi :D

i do have a soft spot for them having owned one, but my point is these cars arn't anything special.

once you go jap you'll never go back :P

I do due to having a hard on for them in high school and shortly after, and the fact that during the mid 80s, there were almost no factory performance cars getting around, look at the the 80s model Corvettes and Camaros for example!

Yeah I did go Jap, haven't looked back since :P