SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

i hit a pidgeon the other day, it was sitting on the road not moving just looking at me, im doing 50km/h and if i wanted to avoid it id have to go on the other side of the road, so i thought just maybe he will duck his head and my car isnt too low and it will be fine until i heard a thud and looked behind and saw a puff of feathers. i got home and i had a bunch of feathers stuck in the intercooler and a bit of blood and no marks at all. so what i learnt is birds dont go underneath my car and that pidgeon really should of kept his head down lol.

Yer I know lol

did you die funky?

yes, and now I've returned as the saviour with a message of epic fitment or damnation.

it was wierd, going down the tunnel, i see two headlights comin towards me... at first I was like "meh" but then I realised that the tunnel was one way. kept goin in my lane, cos if I swerve and he does there's a 50% chance that we'd collect each other. slowed right down and the dumb kent takes the inside lane and almost collects another car.

Was that the Kangaroo Ground-Warrandyte road? I nearly killed someone on that road once. He dropped it right in front of me coming the other way and I hit him head-on. Don't think he was speeding but it just goes to show how dangerous they are even when you ride legally.

Some motorcyclists are simply suicidal. I'm not worried about them, if they want to kill themselves that's their problem, but I worry about the accidents they can cause for other people.

It was on Warrandyte Road, Warrandyte / Doncaster East.

Yeah I don't worry about them either.

That's their problem if they want to commit suicide.

The car in front of me pulled over to the left a bit, but I stayed where I was and not willing to move as I was not breaking the law.

Makes me wonder they always have something to prove or think they are invincible.

It was on Warrandyte Road, Warrandyte / Doncaster East.

Yeah I don't worry about them either.

That's their problem if they want to commit suicide.

The car in front of me pulled over to the left a bit, but I stayed where I was and not willing to move as I was not breaking the law.

Makes me wonder they always have something to prove or think they are invincible.

Probably a bit of both ... it just pisses me off that I've already had one car wrecked by a bloke who ran out of talent, and I'm worried one day I'll lose more than a car. You might not think a bike would hurt a car all that much but both my parents were injured in the crash.

And the cops always seem to be picking on imports from what I've heard ... I suppose it's harder to defect a bike, since they're so fast in stock form. Plus the bastards are harder to catch when they run.

Probably a bit of both ... it just pisses me off that I've already had one car wrecked by a bloke who ran out of talent, and I'm worried one day I'll lose more than a car. You might not think a bike would hurt a car all that much but both my parents were injured in the crash.

And the cops always seem to be picking on imports from what I've heard ... I suppose it's harder to defect a bike, since they're so fast in stock form. Plus the bastards are harder to catch when they run.

Man that's fucked.

Clearly the motorcyclist was in the wrong.

What is even more fucked is the motorcyclist try to justify their own illegal actions.

They never fucking learn to it happens to them and not just them, all other forms of road users on the roads.

At least you and your parents are fine now, I hope!

:)

Man that's f**ked.

Clearly the motorcyclist was in the wrong.

What is even more f**ked is the motorcyclist try to justify their own illegal actions.

They never f**king learn to it happens to them and not just them, all other forms of road users on the roads.

At least you and your parents are fine now, I hope!

Yeah all good now, mum had severe bruising and dad had a cracked vertebra, but both are fully healed now.

It's interesting though, losing that car put me on the road that lead me to the GT-R ... if I hadn't had that accident I might still be driving the Suzuki Swift ...

Yeah all good now, mum had severe bruising and dad had a cracked vertebra, but both are fully healed now.

It's interesting though, losing that car put me on the road that lead me to the GT-R ... if I hadn't had that accident I might still be driving the Suzuki Swift ...

Damn!

God for bid that to happen again!

LOL!

A shit thing, turned into a good thing.

Main thing is that you are all fine and still here today.

bidding on 18" by 10" wide Work Miester S1's for the mystery golf. According to the cardboard mockup I made of the wheels for quick offset clearance calculation, they should fit just right with stretched 215's and a little camber/fender pull.

Thinking of forgoing the airbag suspension though and riding on coils... will mean I'll have to redo my driveway. Fuckit.

fucking shit just got real. Time to shame some Euro drivers into submission.

DAMN that's bog for a golf! offset?

+30

guys on VW vortex in the US are pulling this off with no rubs and a little bit of poke (I'm rolling the fenders out anyways)... so I'm fairly sure between my measurements and real world results that its doable.

Guys in the US run mad fitment and offsets, but on shitty rotas. Guys in EU run mad BBS meshies with dish, but don't run anything more than 8.5" usually, guys in Oz... they usually just stick to shitty Starcrap's from Tempe Tyres or Audi A4 wheels.

I want something different.