SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

thats a joke really

where abouts was this mech located?

Very very well known place. Well enough that if I named it I'm sure everyone would think I'm blatantly lying...

why'd you send it to SA when knox automatics can do it in VIC?

also exactly what are they havin issues with?

I did initially call Knox autos. They told me they don't touch the R34 Triptronic system in terms of adding a shift kit to it, though they were happy to service one etc, or provide upgrades for 33, 32, but no valve body upgrades for the Triptronic from them.

Hence, MV Autos in SA.

I'm not that savvy, all I am is adept with lurking these forums and /search. I've been told the issues are due to the R34 NA and Turbo being wildly different behind the scenes, they can't actually get the car going well enough to get a reading from the ECU re: Error codes and the car is constantly in limp mode. Even though all the wiring has been changed, I've been told it's due to an issue with the dash, and that it may not be possible at all.

I would have thought that if you change the engine, ecu, and all the wiring between all the components and the transmission with the turbo gear, it should actually work, considering it is infact now a factory turbo car.

But what do I know :laugh:

are you trying to use a factory ECU? just use one that can be programmed to ignore the tacho anti tampering.

Yes.

Unless it's going to pass an EPA (i.e Nistune?) then I don't want it.. otherwise I'd be in this situation one day when someone goes OLOLOLO AFTERMARKET ECUS!!! JOO MUST REPLACE!! (I am sure EPA representatives speak like this)

I did ask if Nistune would work, but was advised that it wouldn't be able fix the issue by just tricking the car into ignoring niggly crap. That said, the shop doesn't do Nistune. So it'd have to be towed somewhere else. That's pretty much what is going to happen if they do throw their hands up in the air and declare it an impossible job.

Then get em to intercept the signal and change it to something the ECU accepts as normal and carry on doing what it does.

Also, no one I know of has had their R34's ECU checked to make sure its standard. OBDII scanner won't work cos its an R34, and a CONSULT scanner won't work cos it's an OBD port on an R34. harden the fuck up and put in an aftermarket ECU. If its as modified as I think it is, then that's gonna be the last of your worries if someone is goin over your car.

arden the f**k up and put in an aftermarket ECU. If its as modified as I think it is, then that's gonna be the last of your worries.

Not trying to argue (especially in such a light hearted wasteland thread) but whats the point of doing that, only to get done, and having to replace the aftermarket ECU with a legal one, placing me squarely in the same situation with additional cost :laugh:

As for the car being modified, it was originally probably f***ed beyond hope of any kind of fix. Infact it was. That's pretty much why I said remove everything in the damn car and replace it with everything factory. I used to have visions of burning the workshop down to claim it on insurance, but now that I cancelled that.. or rather chose not to renew the yearly payment yet.. I'll have to eliminate arson as a means of getting a working skyline, lol.

w00t. work meister S1 outer barrels gettin anodised blue tomorrow :)

still trying to figure out if I wanna polish the centres or get them water transferred with fake carbon pattern or have it powdercoated matte black.

headlights and tails are goin black, so it'll be blue with black details. probably should just powdercoat the centres black n call it a day. I can anodise the nuts black too that way.

Shit's gonna blow these golf kids minds with awesomeness.

fitment... pokes out of guard by 5mm and tucks with stretched tyres. distance from fender to rim... 4mm :laugh:

and now I've got no spare monies. come onnnnn tax return.

Saw fake CF centers on a 180 once...looked aids.

I'd go black, but you might come up with a better CF finish than what I saw..

wow, so it's bog standard? yeesh... the thought of just cuttin your losses and buying a standard car that worked didn't cross your mind?

It wasnt initially, its however (attempted)? to have been transplanted with bog stock everything (i.e, stock ecu, stock RB25det neo, looms from the GTT engine etc), except it all doesn't want to play nice. I was under the impression it would be easy to do so, so I agreed to it. Remember, I'm not mechanically minded at all (f**k, only had the car 2 months in my actual possession since I bought it about a year ago), so when a very well regarded places recommends replacing the entire engine with a stock one, with stock everything else to get it going it sounds drastic but I trusted that judgement. Obviously if I could go back in time, a lot of people would have made some very different decisions. :laugh:

Should have bought a R34 GTT...

no pics till they're fitted an on the car, so at least a couple of months :laugh:

I will be waiting! :)

Hi everybody! ... Hi Dr Nick.

I can't wait for friday gonna finally get a power figure to see what I'm working with

You have a 1988 Sillycar?

Yeah see you Friday.

Should have bought a R34 GTT...

I will be waiting! :laugh:

You have a 1988 Sillycar?

Yeah see you Friday.

Yeah man, I call the sillycar the Red Barron, It just pisses oil on everything and clunks around. It's on its last legs. ATM my housemates using it as his doing a re-build on his Gtir.