SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

bez, spoke to the guy you gave me the number to.

he thought I was on crack, but I told him we'll be priming and painting and all he has to do is plastic weld so he agreed to it.

world's first golf to have a VE holden rear bumper :laugh:

hahahahahahaha mad :D

Thanks man. Yeah, I love the colour! One of the only reds I haven't hated :laugh:

I only got the fronts done and Athid said that MR2 guards don't stretch much. It's definitely better though! Rears were already rolled when I got the car.

Wheel fitment would look a hell of a lot better if it was 2" lower..

for the love of god pls fk off those stupid drop down banners im gettin really fkn sick of them im all for marketing but cant it be in a less intrusive way? i couldnt even click the new posts button cos it wouldnt fk off!

/rant.

HTC Desire HD? Fuck yes. Only phone I'd choose over an iPhone 4, not so much a jailbroken iPhone 4 tho.

Don't expect the same battery life as an iPhone tho, expect to have to charge it by the end of the day every day. Other than that, it's awesome.

Might wanna hold off a month for the Google Nexus S (built by samsung) or the Sony X10. Nexus S is like the new model Google phone (so updates n shit aren't provider dependent like with HTC, Samsung etc), Sony X10 is like an awesome piece of hardware running android... probably the best "phone" cos Samsung (korea) and HTC (china) aren't really up there with the build quality of Sony (japan/norway).

I always charge my phone in the car/when I get home anyway, so the battery life doesn't bother me at all. Only really looking at the HD because there were a list of phones that Vodafone are offering, and the Legend isn't no where near as good, plus some LG POS. I'll probably get it later this week, read heaps of reviews too, and it seems way better than a standard iphone 4.

if you're goin from Apple to Android and you don't get a Google or unlocked phone, prepare to be restricted by carrier branding shit running in the background draining your battery. Telstra is the worst, Voda/3 is almost bad, and optus is OK. Also you don't get OS updates straight away cos it works differently:

Apple OS update process: Apple -> You (via iTunes)

Android OS update process: Google -> Manufacturer (HTC, Samsung etc who put their wrapper around Google's "vanilla" OS) -> Carrier (Telstra, Voda etc who put their wrapper on the manufacturer's wrapper) -> You

I know guys who are still running 1.6 (currently up to 2.2 with 2.3 about to come out) on their phones because the manufacturer couldn't be arsed wrapping newer versions, which means the carriers don't get shit, which means you have a slim hope in hell of gettin an update. Most people with HTC's on Optus I know had to wait 6 months after Google released their vanilla OS to get an update from Optus. This sucked cos the update included Swype which everyone was raving about when it came out... 6 months before. All cos Optus could brand the OS and put their shitty apps on it (which you can't uninstall).

Only way around it is to "root" your phone (ie jailbreak) and put a vanilla OS on it direct from google, with a couple of tweaks to make it work on your phone.

This is why carriers love the Android phones, and sell it much cheaper and push it harder than the iPhone (which Apple pushes for them).

iPhone = sell your soul to Apple

Android = sell your soul to mobile carrier