SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

Got sick of my dated headlights so I just ordered these :P

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RAYBRIG-headlights-...=item1e5fae090a

shoulda got these ones...

140.jpg

I'm surprised at how many cars share the same sized unit! Like even old RX7s etc. It's good :woot:

Why's it surprise you? It's a standard ISO size that most manufacturers used for pop up headlights. RX7, MR2, Z31, 180SX, MX5, S12, Prelude(or is it integra?) all use the same.

Now I just gotta decide what globes to run. Might take the HID route (like 4300 or 6000k) or just a whiter standard globe (philips crystal vision or something).

don't put HID's into non projectors you gimp. You'll blind every kent on the road with your badly focussed beams.

shoulda got these ones...

I don't like the look of those ones. Have seen them on another car and not a fan of the round bit in the middle.

Yeah, I don't like HIDs.. but I want a clear white light. What are my other options?

Edited by jezza boii

I don't like the look of those ones. Have seen them on another car and not a fan of the round bit in the middle.

Yeah, I don't like HIDs.. but I want a clear white light. What are my other options?

get halogen bulbs colour temp rated about 6000K. 5200K is natural sunlight, 6000K is crisp white.

Yeah, 6000k would be perfect. I had 8000ks in my old MR2 and it was a bit too blue. Suited a black car but won't look good on red.

Where do I get them? Autobarn sell Crystal Vision but I don't think they're even close to 6000k...

I was going to go for REV6 headlights while the US dollar was strong but they're out of stock and I didn't want to wait another month.

Oh well, the raybrigs look pretty good anyway. They're 1/4 the price too. Just gotta source the globes.

I was going to go for REV6 headlights while the US dollar was strong but they're out of stock and I didn't want to wait another month.

Oh well, the raybrigs look pretty good anyway. They're 1/4 the price too. Just gotta source the globes.

let me know what size (h2, h4 etc) and I'll hook you up with some.

want: e46 m3

that is all.

i was about to post about one of these because i was offered one but still thinking about it, they are not as quick as a gtr but very comfortable and still pretty damn quick. id take one if it had a supercharger :P . still thinking about it atm.