SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

ever since I watched Blood Diamond I've been fascinated with this watch:

http://clockmaker.com.au/w/k1106.html

I must try it on. From the description and photos it sounds like it's as big as my face.

But Leo's around my build and it seemed ok on him.

ugh... paint matching MP II.

fun.

good news, at least it's not MPIII.

bad news, it's MPII.

Was so tempted to paint the golf MPII, and powder coat the Work Meister centre matt black and gold plate the barrels :P Then I realised how much of a kent MPII is to colour match if I had a prang.

Least it's only a bumper and light shroud. If they got you on a quarter panel you would be totally f**ked as pretty much the whole side of the car would have to be resprayed because of the pearl in the paint.

which car got hit?

gtr got hit, looks like i might go through my insurance company because id only have to pay half my excess and it might end up being cheaper that way. does anyone know if midnight purple II would be hard to match with the rest of the car?

edit: thanks guys so looks like it will be hard to match the colour then.

we did an MPII GTR at driftline. had to order in a tub of paint from Dupont after getting Nissan Berwick to call them and tell them that they couldn't supply us with the original paint anymore. Dupont made the paint for Nissan, so they've got the exact perfect mix, but then we had to mix in some adjustments cos the colour changes on the car due to paint fade, polishes, reactions to the plastic/metal etc.

we did an MPII GTR at driftline. had to order in a tub of paint from Dupont after getting Nissan Berwick to call them and tell them that they couldn't supply us with the original paint anymore. Dupont made the paint for Nissan, so they've got the exact perfect mix, but then we had to mix in some adjustments cos the colour changes on the car due to paint fade, polishes, reactions to the plastic/metal etc.

so in other words its going to be a bitch to get it done right.

kinda.

def get it done by insurance, and if anyone tells you it's an easy fix take it somewhere else cos you're dealing with habib spec spraypainters.

ok will do, thanks for the advice i appreciate it :P

i might go all the way to micolour if i cant find one on my side of melbourne.

bahaha yeh id kick em in the nuts and throw there keys in a pond.

and yeh man of course im selling houses while im here.. :P thats why im hear so often. serious answer my work starts at like 6 on wards and on saturday/sunday.. thats why i dont post much outside business hours