SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

Car was at Centerline today, drives nice and straight now :blink:

Funny thing is im running -4.5 degrees camber front and -2.5 rears. Fronts would be upper arms and lowness combined haha

Newfagz don't know bout demon camber

In other news my wheels are getting made this week and will be here by end of Jan

So true!

What wheels you getting again?

Car was at Centerline today, drives nice and straight now :P

Funny thing is im running -4.5 degrees camber front and -2.5 rears. Fronts would be upper arms and lowness combined haha

Pics yeah :blink:

What kind of camber settings would be best for a street car that enjoys a few twisties every now and again?

-1.5 degrees all around?

I don't know much about that kinda stuff so i'm off to do some more research.

Lol demon camber looks like ass. Looks like the car is cocking it's wheel to take a piss like a dog

this... is true

What wheels you getting again?

matte black XD9 17x9.5+17 f and 18x10+18 r w 235/45/17 AD08's f and 235/40/18 KU36 rear

cusco upper arms will probably mean 20mm spacer up front so et will be 17x9.5-3

More tyre on the road the better. Eg billys 4.5 deg camber on front would make te car understeer like a bitch when pushed on corners

err... the point of cambering the fronts is to GET tyre on the road while turning, and hence stop understeer

see pic attached:

race cars run camber for a reason

RGII_CWestLabs_S2K.jpg

when you turn your wheels they dont turn evenly as such, they tend to roll over and reduce the contact path, by adding camber, this roll over effect is negated and contact is again made with the road. see above how on the c-west s2k the wheel is turned and the tyre is nearly flat.

4.5 deg camber will be much much better in the twisies/track than stock setup, but will wear the tyres down unevenly for DD purposes

i'm gonna be aiming for -3 deg when i get the new rims