SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

Love the look of the 33 Billy. Something all whale owners should aspire to. I'm in Sorrento ATM, weather is still jive hut you can feel it's gonna turn any second. Anyone know a good weather app for iPhone?

what tyre is on the back billy? doesnt look like much camber ?

fkn see the weather epiccccccccccccc

235/45 Nankangs on the rear, its -2.5 deg rear.

That was a crazy downpour!!!

Love the look of the 33 Billy. Something all whale owners should aspire to. I'm in Sorrento ATM, weather is still jive hut you can feel it's gonna turn any second. Anyone know a good weather app for iPhone?

not sure if you can get it on the iphone but i use "Daily Briefing" on my samsung. does its job

I use ozweather, does the job, has rain radar and 7 day forecast etc

you going out in Sorrento tonight? my mate is playing at the Conti again

nice rear parcel shelf 6x9's billy :(

oz weather, takes the feed from the BOM, and shows BOM maps without having to navigate through BOM's archaic website.

What kind of camber settings would be best for a street car that enjoys a few twisties every now and again?

-1.5 degrees all around?

I don't know much about that kinda stuff so i'm off to do some more research.

you're better off running camber setting which will improve lifespan of tyres. In this case, you should aim for about -1.5deg on front and about -0.5 on rear. The rear you will want as neutral as possible. This will depend on height of car and the range of your camber setup.

Ive got two rear camber bush kits on the rear, best could get with my height was -1 degree

Talk to your suspension workshop regarding best setup. I recommend Traction Tyres in Rowville. They will point you in the right direction based on what you plan to use your car for.

More tyre on the road the better. Eg billys 4.5 deg camber on front would make te car understeer like a bitch when pushed on corners

The more front negative camber the better. As you turn through corners, car leans onto the outside wheel, enforcing positive camber. By dialing in negative camber, the positive camber occuring through the turn balances this out and applies more tyre to the road. Hence better grip/traction through the turn. So, if anything, less understeering.

The rear you would like minimum camber, as to provide maximum grip during acceleration (more grip to the road). However, having too little negative camber and going through a corner will create positive camber and may cause you to spin out if accelerating due to the smaller tyre footprint.

Basic explanation, so dont shoot me down with specifics

Camber = serious business

Thanks for all the comments ppl :(

Nankangs..?

Any good, I thought they were some pov pack tyres like NEXEN's, which I have used before...

They are alright for now, pretty grippy. Not that I care, they are rears and dont last long anyway :/

that explanation only works for RWD as well, cos AWD geometry is completely different.

Not that Kris is ever gonna get anything about camber, cos all he's interested in is going in a straight line from a traffic light :/

haha true that. Basing my jibbajabba off my car, awd cars go speak to your suspension workshop.

hmmm If i get GTR brembo's on the front, then I wont be able to run r32 stockies on the front anymore :(

Might have to settle for some R33 GTST calipers