SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

found a dude interested in trading his bmw e36 m3 for my 34 but he wants 4-5K on top...

cons - its smg with 190Ks on the clock

pros - mint condition 98 model full books etc. updated smg. later 3.2l engine not 3.0. sunroof etc

thoughts?

Or it's painfully slow.

I came from 302rwkw 33 GTR so I think it might be the fact that it's painfully slow!

lol my r32 felt like a rocket when we test drove it. used to it now, no different to the mercer i was driving before.

needs more power, not going for more though, not till it looks how i want it to look.

btw, how did getting those pods off go?

just thought about heating up some wire and going thru the sikashit, but you could cut the pods too

found a dude interested in trading his bmw e36 m3 for my 34 but he wants 4-5K on top...

cons - its smg with 190Ks on the clock

pros - mint condition 98 model full books etc. updated smg. later 3.2l engine not 3.0. sunroof etc

thoughts?

i wouldnt do it, the first smg wasnt very good it got better in the e46 range plus its not going to be as fast as your car now. id save a bit more and go for a e46 m3. plus thats a shitload of km on an engine that im sure has been thrashed. also if you want a e36 m3 id keep looking and go for a manual, there will be less hassles.

lol my r32 felt like a rocket when we test drove it. used to it now, no different to the mercer i was driving before.

needs more power, not going for more though, not till it looks how i want it to look.

btw, how did getting those pods off go?

just thought about heating up some wire and going thru the sikashit, but you could cut the pods too

Haven't heard from friend yet as the car is at his parents in law now, will ask him and see what's the go.

was at a carpark. Next to me was a Toyota 4wd. Family was getting into the car. Im standing next to my car, getting the feeling that a door is gonna whack into my car.

Kid runs up to his parents 4wd, opens his door and flings it into my car. Doesnt even notice as he tried to climb into the 4wd. His parents already sitting in the car, I shout out to the kid. He says "Sorry" and turns his back to jump into the car. Tell him wtf, and inspect the damage. His parents are still sitting inside the car, dont even lower the window or anything. Just waiting for the kid to hop into the car.

Door opened and hit the side mirror. Didnt leave any mark luckily. Considering how their parents reacted to their kid hitting someones car I doubt they would have been keen on fixing any damage.

If I wasnt there either, they would have driven off without a care in the world.

f**k i hate people

i wouldnt do it, the first smg wasnt very good it got better in the e46 range plus its not going to be as fast as your car now. id save a bit more and go for a e46 m3. plus thats a shitload of km on an engine that im sure has been thrashed. also if you want a e36 m3 id keep looking and go for a manual, there will be less hassles.

e46 m3 would be a dream but they are double what the e36s are selling for atm. as for Ks im not too fussed, ive read there are e36 m3s with 400Ks+ and still going smooth. it all comes down to maintenance/history

speed wise im not fussed either, i'd rather a more all rounder type car

im not a fan of a clutch hence why im interested in the smg. clutchless manual would be good for me.

i'll keep looking i guess

You got no luck pat. My neighbor even parks in his car spot away to the left so he doesn't accidentally knock his car door into my car (live in apartment so shared secure parking). Also told his gf to be careful too haha. And I always take pics of the Regos of cars that are parked next to me. Expecially if it's a shitbox

e46 m3 would be a dream but they are double what the e36s are selling for atm. as for Ks im not too fussed, ive read there are e36 m3s with 400Ks+ and still going smooth. it all comes down to maintenance/history

speed wise im not fussed either, i'd rather a more all rounder type car

im not a fan of a clutch hence why im interested in the smg. clutchless manual would be good for me.

i'll keep looking i guess

if your 100% keen on it and its exactly what you want than by all means go for it but if your not too sure than keep looking, the right one will pop up eventually. its just ive heard the smg's in the e36's werent very good until the e46 range came out. unless his has been overhauled and replaced.

You got no luck pat. My neighbor even parks in his car spot away to the left so he doesn't accidentally knock his car door into my car (live in apartment so shared secure parking). Also told his gf to be careful too haha. And I always take pics of the Regos of cars that are parked next to me. Expecially if it's a shitbox

you didnt do that last night when i parked next to you.. :thanks:

if your 100% keen on it and its exactly what you want than by all means go for it but if your not too sure than keep looking, the right one will pop up eventually. its just ive heard the smg's in the e36's werent very good until the e46 range came out. unless his has been overhauled and replaced.

im 100% keen on an m3 coz well yes its exactly what i want. but yeah not this one. might hold out and save up for a e46, i've noticed they are dropping in price so yeah even an smg one would be alright