SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

what do you mean by vobs spanned?

you choose the .IFO and it figures out the rest? ie VTS_blah.ifo which is part of 4xVOBS - is this not spanned?

if you want a pair of 650mb movies VCD style, then you choose 2 CDs (1400mb)

whats the issue? ... ?

it looks like a typical early 90s guy gets girl, two tough guys rock up, fight, random tities at the bar in a strip joint, fight, more fights, some cash, fight, end scene

no dodge viper

wrong movie..

dezz can you get cable where you are?

if you want shit fast and it to just work, bigpond cable is tops

i would never go back to anything else, i get staff discount so its a bit different but its tops

how much will tpg cost you

How much is cable? not sure if it's available at my new place..

got ADSL here through internode, bit of a rip at $69 or $79 a month for 40gb...Might sus out if TPG is available here, because if it uses the telstra exchange, that's just around the corner so should be fast...

If I can get it in my new place, it seems like the cheapest option for a decent amount of bandwidth... 60gb is $39 a month shaped to 256k/256k, doubt I'd use 60gb. or 200gb is $49 a month shaped to 1Mbps and there's no way I'd use 200gb

when was the last time you burnt a movie onto 2 x CD's?

useless file spanning i call it, given todays storage options

but if you want spanned movies, choose 2 CD's and away you go

what was the spanned vob issue?

when was the last time you burnt a movie onto 2 x CD's?

useless file spanning i call it, given todays storage options

but if you want spanned movies, choose 2 CD's and away you go

what was the spanned vob issue?

suck it up pincess, if you're gonna make a tutorial about how to make a scene release (like AXXO?), then at least stick to scene standards.

As for spanned VOBs, I was talking about something like son of rajab of the Rings, where the movie spans 2 DVD's, which you may wanna merge the VOBs from both main movies into one. Not the end of the world if you don't cover that tho.

scene standard this, i say 2x700mb is pointless and annoying

just means you have to rejoin it yourself after you download it

and the guide is for the average donkey wanting to rip movies

i spent ages stuffing around with xilisoft and it came out like ass most times

that guide helped me a lot so why not share the love

have you got a phone line there already (and do you need one?)

cos that adds to the cost as well, so you may find cable cheaper vs ADSL+phone line

There's a phone line here (parents house)

my place won't have one unless I put it in, wasn't planning to get a home phone as I don't need one, only reason I would is for internet...

http://www.tpg.com.au/products_services/adsl2plus_pricing.php?/pricing/homephone

Not sure if you need a phone line, thought that would be something you'd know more about than me?

There's ADSL2+ then there's 'naked adsl2+', not sure what the difference is?

From what I can see, if you bundle it with their phone line rental, which I guess I'd do considering I don't have an existing phone line, its $60 a month for unlimited... there'd be 3 of us living there so $20 a month each for unlimited net...how does that compare to cable prices?

had a quick look here - http://personal.optus.com.au/web/ocaportal.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=Template_woRHS&FP=/personal/bundles/broadbandhomephone&site=personal

if that's the right thing for me to be looking at, TPG would be cheaper for more bandwidth... Just have to hope it's available and at good speed

yeah naked adsl is dsl without a phone line

normal dsl you need phone line

bigpond is still a bit price exxy (pricks) 50GB for $79 without a phone line

nah when i said do you need a phone line, as in, do you want a home phone at your new house (a lot of people dont these days)

i didnt want one and i couldnt get naked dsl, exchange ports full so i went cable

yeah 60 a month is pretty good unlimited, hopefully one day bigpond will be competitive price wise

if you bundle bigpond cable with telsra phone line it might come out about the same ?

scene standard this, i say 2x700mb is pointless and annoying

just means you have to rejoin it yourself after you download it

and the guide is for the average donkey wanting to rip movies

i spent ages stuffing around with xilisoft and it came out like ass most times

that guide helped me a lot so why not share the love

if you've already got a DVD and just want to copy it wouldn't you just pull a 4.3gb rip using DVDShrink, then burn it to DVDR rather than waste time converting to divx etc? DVDShrink plugs into Nero and ImgBurn etc so it's quite simple to pull a rip that way.

had a quick look here - http://personal.optus.com.au/web/ocaportal.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=Template_woRHS&FP=/personal/bundles/broadbandhomephone&site=personal

if that's the right thing for me to be looking at, TPG would be cheaper for more bandwidth... Just have to hope it's available and at good speed

TPG changes your line over to its own DSLAM, so your telephone calls are actually sent through a transparent VOIP gateway. So you can't use it for faxes and for alarm systems etc. Easiest way to find out what arrangement they plan to put you on is to ask them if you can still send/recieve faxes on the line. It's a little shifty atm how they're sayin "$30 line rental" when you're in fact on a naked ADSL plan.