SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

Interesting....

I might get some 800cc's... Im thinking about getting the gtx3076 but I wanna run external gate, so I would also need a new manifold which is more costs.

So for the time being im thinking about maxing out the standard turbo, can someone tell me the max ill get out of it?

220 is quite optimistic. 200 is about the most you could expect. I wouldn't bother pushing the stock turbo anyway as you'll barely notice the difference, just wait til you can afford the new setup

Yep, anything substantial over 200 is pretty much the dyno. I wouldn't be going past 12psi either as already stated.

Even following that rule, it's still hit and miss. People like Paul have been running 12psi on the stocker for years, no worries, I've had mates turn the boost up to 12psi, put it on the dyno to tune it and go bang on the first run.

Mine lasted a while, probably over a year from memory, then it let go at DECA and unfortunately took the engine with it, so it's a pretty big gamble :)

Yep, anything substantial over 200 is pretty much the dyno. I wouldn't be going past 12psi either as already stated.

Even following that rule, it's still hit and miss. People like Paul have been running 12psi on the stocker for years, no worries, I've had mates turn the boost up to 12psi, put it on the dyno to tune it and go bang on the first run.

My tuner turned the boost on my stock turbo up to 14.5 psi. I've size turned it down to 12 psi. Wont be going back there again.

Mine lasted a while, probably over a year from memory, then it let go at DECA and unfortunately took the engine with it, so it's a pretty big gamble :)