SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

How about yours Cas? Any developments?

Just got home from work and watching hueys cooking adventures. Hate Huey. Want to punch Huey in the dick.

its moving along as quickly as can be expected given the christmas period. Jesse has ordered my wheels and expects them at his in ~2 weeks...then he'll ship them to me. cant wait :) other than that, the car is at the mechanics waiting for parts to come in and time to be free to work on it...got my fingers frossed for end of jan.

its moving along as quickly as can be expected given the christmas period. Jesse has ordered my wheels and expects them at his in ~2 weeks...then he'll ship them to me. cant wait :) other than that, the car is at the mechanics waiting for parts to come in and time to be free to work on it...got my fingers frossed for end of jan.

Good news Cass. VicRoads folded?

billy the only middle ground option is to find a secon hand GCG highflow, then you can max the afm, injectors and pump at around 230rwkw

of course you could always cowboy it with an fpr and tune around the afm ;) 250rwkw timebomb ftw!

for a GTX3076R i'd wanna go manifold and gate, 740cc injectors and a bigass clutch/diff

billy the only middle ground option is to find a secon hand GCG highflow, then you can max the afm, injectors and pump at around 230rwkw

of course you could always cowboy it with an fpr and tune around the afm ;) 250rwkw timebomb ftw!

for a GTX3076R i'd wanna go manifold and gate, 740cc injectors and a bigass clutch/diff

Hmmm not bothering with the hiflow option. I'll start buying things, hopefully everything will be done by mid year, I am gonna be a poor student afterall :(

what actually happened to your car?

A pothole that was much more a small chasm in the road than a pothole + 110km/h. resulted in all steering components, one wheel and my lip effectively dying. car was undriveable for 5+ months while i attempted to sort shit out with vicroads.

wow GTR on rating 5? you must have money flowin out of your pocket like a mofo.

you could say that. i WAS rating 4 this year till this shit happened. June will see me forking out 600+ in reg and 3300 ish in insurance on the same damn day.

WTFFFFFFFFFFF 3300 for insurance!!!! :sick:

well thats how much i had to pay the first year, its an approximate. i was 21 when i first got the car. rating 4 this year cost me 2700. will be 23 next year so who knows whether itll still be 3k-ish. what can i say? loved the car so much 3300 a year + 5 year loan sounded AWESOME at the time :P

nevermind im paying 2k in excess now to get it fixed cuz vicroads wont admit responsibility.

Thats JCI for you however....being the only firm that will take in young drivers means they can charge whatever they please.

In all seriousness though, i AM looking forward to having the car back :P i do still love it :P

I was rating 2 when I had R33 GTST and JCI rated me as Rating 1 when I bought insurance for 33 GTR (I was 22 when I bought the GTR).

Cass, how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

she mentioned being 23 next year.

wired up the factory Xenons to work on mien golf today. posted it up on golf forum, bitches got mad jelly.

It has dawned on me that golf owners are the KE70/AE86 owners of the Euro car world.

Pics?

LOL! @ KE70 / AE86 owners.

lol tru dat

in other news i'm finally gonna get the ksev roady'd.. anyone know anyone that can "help?"

Probably ask a few fellas on AE86DC or Dave (GhettoRolla) from Vic Imports...

Dave is a mechanic so it should be easy + he drives a AE86 and AE71 panel van...

yeah I was rating 1 with AAMI at 18 cos they had some deal where you inherit your parents rating. Insured a shitty old corolla on it for a year, then after that carried my rating one over to Shannons who insured my Sera, then 180sx, then R32 and so on since then. Now I pay $400 for the Golf full comp and used to pay $600 for the 32. 240Z is $400 as well when I get around to putting it on the road, even with all the mods :P

Shannons only require you to be 25 if you have crap rating.

My rating would've been whatever it was at the time at that age, didn't have any claims but was still only rating 3 or 4 from memory...

I just spoke to the guy that used to be on here that worked there and he hooked me up. At the time, my premium dropped about $700 compared to JCI, and the policy was better in every way...Choice of repairer especially, and monthly installments rather than lump sum payment with JCI (I know they do monthly repayments now but didn't back then)

So I canceled my JCI policy, got a refund of about $2k, paid Shannons something like $130 for the first month, and spent the rest on mods...Really couldn't have worked out any better.