SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

what are some good brake pads for street use and a weekly "mountain run" ? without spending a fortune...

oi Grant re: red recaros, got pics? how much for just 1 without rail?

QFM HPX, under $100 for a pair. Trader on forum.

Do not recommend for track work. Glazed them after a couple of laps

QFM HPX, under $100 for a pair. Trader on forum.

Do not recommend for track work. Glazed them after a couple of laps

Don't get the QFM A1RM pads either. Mine screech so bad i'm considering getting rid of them. There are much better options out there i'm sure.

Don't get the QFM A1RM pads either. Mine screech so bad i'm considering getting rid of them. There are much better options out there i'm sure.

not a good pad for daily. Killed my brand new rotors in 30,000km. They squeal because they arent up to operating temps and eat through the rotors really badly. I did fix the squealing during regular driving by properly bedding them in on the freeway.

• Like 1

wtf are you two on about.

The r32 does not have a boost solenoid. Only the r33 does.

Pull out the bleed valve and reconnect the hose. Not rocket science.

A single hose from the actuator to the turbo. Done.

Epic lol if you posted up a WTB thread for a r32 boost solenoid. May as well ask for headlight fluid.

noted

lol @ headlight fluid

and, jeeeezzzz you and kris really love going at it.. arguing like a married couple and shit

Does anybody know if a rear strut brace will do anything on an r33? I've heard them make feck all difference.

have you already upgraded your swaybars? They do the most in handling. Best bang for buck for handling.

You will definitely notice a difference with new swaybars.

not a good pad for daily. Killed my brand new rotors in 30,000km. They squeal because they arent up to operating temps and eat through the rotors really badly. I did fix the squealing during regular driving by properly bedding them in on the freeway.

Yes, this is true. You basically have to bed them in every week which is a pain in the arse.

have you already upgraded your swaybars? They do the most in handling. Best bang for buck for handling.

You will definitely notice a difference with new swaybars.

Swaybars are next on my to-do list. I really wanna upgrade some of the bushes as well because I like the idea of a car that feels really tight, like its just rolled out of the factory. Do you have any suggestions on what I could do to achieve this?

Yes, this is true. You basically have to bed them in every week which is a pain in the arse.

Swaybars are next on my to-do list. I really wanna upgrade some of the bushes as well because I like the idea of a car that feels really tight, like its just rolled out of the factory. Do you have any suggestions on what I could do to achieve this?

just start replacing the bushes with adjustable ones. ie. front/rear camber, castor, power steering rack bushes, subframe locking bushes. Bundle that with some swaybars and a decent wheel alignment and car will be handling like its on rails

Id get swaybars first, see how the car feels/handles and then start replacing bushes (if needed)

just start replacing the bushes with adjustable ones. ie. front/rear camber, castor, power steering rack bushes, subframe locking bushes. Bundle that with some swaybars and a decent wheel alignment and car will be handling like its on rails

Id get swaybars first, see how the car feels/handles and then start replacing bushes (if needed)

Thanks mate, I'll be getting my rental bond back soon, so it will be time to do some shopping ; )

How much would I be looking at for those bushes as mentioned?

have a look at project mu brake pads, i went with the b-spec ones in my old car and loved them.

i'll look through traders on here see what they've got

not selling separately, sorry

rude

ive got bendix ultimates i think in my gtst and they work ace

no issues with heat or normal street driving

i think i've got bendix on my car atm but dont think they're ultimates