SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

Glad my car came with an $1800 head unit lulz. Control iPhone from the screen = huge win. Watch Christina Milian music videos while driving = huge win. $1800 with ridiculous functionality and they give you no external next/prev track buttons to use when the screen is closed = massive f**king fail. I bought a remote just so I could have said buttons when screen is closed :(

That's retarded. Mine is a double din and doesn't close. Has touch buttons and real buttons too. RRP $2500 lol. Got it so much cheaper.

thats not worth braggin about cos we would have just bagged you if you did pay $2500 aka RRP for anything, who pays RRP for anything other than essentials coles etc.

coathanger man, they work better if you shape them like asutralia too

It's shaped like a cock & balls courtesy of my teammates...Female cop complimented me on it once...

thats not worth braggin about cos we would have just bagged you if you did pay $2500 aka RRP for anything, who pays RRP for anything other than essentials coles etc.

Word. Anyone who pays retail for anything, ESPECIALLY car audio/home electronics etc, is a muppet.

yeh bad man, my sister hates 'haggling' im like its not haggling like your some stinge its negotiating and completely acceptable i got a full grand off my watch most people would walk in and be like yeh ok ill take it.. jokes on your idiots!

always ask for a deal worst they say is no and you say oh wel cant blame me for asking

I got lucky with mine. I originally had a $2000 unit (which I payed a lot less than that for too) and it f**ked up twice so Pioneer gave me the next model up for free :)

I could sell it now and make profit.

Years ago when I was waiting for my car to get here from Japan, I bought a full stereo setup for it....Got prices of all the shit I wanted off ebay (brand new from reputable stores), then went into JB, asked what the best price they can do me on each part is...Most of them were cheaper than the ebay prices (which were already way less than RRP), head-unit from memory was at least $700 off the ticket price too...The markups on that shit are crazy

And in the end none of it, bar the headunit, even came out of the box...Sold it all and think I ended up making money on some of it, and that was a year or 2 after I bought it all

markups on everything are crazy bullshit!

i bet you have saved a heap on furniture an shit to ay dezz just gotta shop around and ask for a deal, even more so these days retail is bleeding they need the business

Having a screen etc won't increase the sound quality of the music...

If it's a show car then obviously it's gonna have TV's n shit everywhere...Apart from that I don't see much point

Yeah but a $3000 is going to have some good quality components, pre-amps etc. (like mine, sounds incredible). All the extra features are great too of course. I love surround sound for DVDs, GPS and a ridiculous amount of control in regards to sound settings, illumination colour etc.

I could never go back to a normal headunit now.

Edited by jezza boii

Reminds me of when West coast customs put a screen UNDERNEATH a car on pimp my ride once....No wonder they didn't wanna be a part of the show anymore, shit like that destroys their reputation

Why? Girls love that shit. If they get bored on long trips I chuck on a movie for them to watch. My family loves it too. Shuts mum up.

You seem real hung up on doing shit to impress women...

which brings me to your avatar...The only thing lamer than photos of money, are photos of money with f**k all money in them.