SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

the dating thread in the wasteland is about to get popcorn worthy ;)

F**k yeah...please tell me it's staying open for teh lulz. Would be a lot funnier if it was one of the fat ones though...this chick doesn't really have much to complain about.

F**k yeah...please tell me it's staying open for teh lulz. Would be a lot funnier if it was one of the fat ones though...this chick doesn't really have much to complain about.

I can promise more lols to come, that's all i can say for now :thumbsup:

the best.

lightly braise chicken in a master stock by laying it on a tray and pouring the boiling master stock on top (you can google a master stock recipe)

allow to cool fully

strain

dip chicken in fish sauce, then place in rice flour

deep fry chicken in peanut oil

toss in bowl with home made sechuan salt (salt with roasted sechuan peppercorn, clove and anise)

add corrinder, chopped chilli and spring onion

serve

you wouoldn't like it as it will usually be in 180-200g portions MAX

the shit is $40kg wholesale (so double for retail) for sashimi grade

also most place f**k it up :/

Thanks for the recipe. Saved, will try it on monday or some shit.

And where get i get sashimi grade tuna for 40/kg wholesale? Yellowfin or bluefin?

How much more for the belly cuts?

Thanks for the recipe. Saved, will try it on monday or some shit.

And where get i get sashimi grade tuna for 40/kg wholesale? Yellowfin or bluefin?

How much more for the belly cuts?

well to get wholesale you need to have y'know like a restaurant etc

belly flap is less as it's shite, i'm talking about loin

well to get wholesale you need to have y'know like a restaurant etc

belly flap is less as it's shite, i'm talking about loin

Really? LESS??

The ohtoro/chutoro stuff i mean. is that the loin? We call that belly.

My uncle buys so much Sole Mare tuna that he now deals directly with the company instead of buying from Safeway. I thought it must be good and went out and bought 10 cans. Couldn't stomach it for some reason :( John West is what I eat each day now.

Anyone who eats it regularly and has half a brain does that. I buy it by the slab, works out about half the price of supermarkets

Pretty sure its sole mare or John west that make a tuna in 'light' oil which is apparently better for us fat kunce. I've tried it, it's pretty good too.

NOt sure how u get fat eating tuna in olive oil...

i see. Sole Mare comes in 130g cans yeah? will give it a try although i like the no drain John West just coz it's less messy but pure 100% olive oil is extra goodness

don't really care about the taste

185g cans like every other brand, or the smaller or bigger cans. I get the 185's in a slab

I just get the Sirena chilli - and drain the oil. The 120kg monstrosity @ work reckons it's good enough so i'll go with that lol :)

I generally use the tuna in a sambo, or in an omelette etc. Sometimes just outta the tin if I'm dying.

Hopefully get back into training next week. Finally feeling 100%, been a looong time since i've had energy!

How much you paying for a slab? of 185g cans?

Around $1.60 a can I think it is... I just eat it straight out of the tins, sometimes in a big f**k off salad if I can be bothered cutting tomatoes and breaking up some lettuce..

Mmmm tuna. I like the Coles brand seeded mustard, japanese style and spanish style for 90c. Perfect serving size as well. Nom nom nom.

Can't beat fresh sashimi though <3

olive oil is still oil, which is fat.

This is what I mean Dezzy. Tuna is fantastic food for fatties. I've lost 2 kilos over the last two weeks. Need to lose another 11 before I f**k off overseas.