paulr33

Need tyres first

My car is setup for

17/45/245

Have Hancooks on at the moment road noise is shocking

Looking at New Bridgstone Potenza

or

Yokohama's

Urgh the road noise I have is horrible!!! Stupid P plate bogans putting some crap called 'Triangle' tyres on a new car >.< Literally you need to raise your voice while you're driving.

Need to do more burn outs and chuck some Michelins on them!

I have my setup sorted out at the moment.

Stock turbo's I have atm kick in at 3300

-5 will kick in at approx 3600-3800

Adding more low end punch with adjustable cam gears and getting it tuned for a bit more pick up in the lower end range.

Rest is good for what I want which is 300kw at the moment. But have the parts there if I want to chase more later.

My car setup is more for Tarmac rally than track I don't want punch from a stand still I want a powerful mid band to rev out to redline, the way I drive the spur with what I have I am sitting at 4000rpm through the spur keeping power up as the car only has 180kw currently and I can keep up with you guys as it is :yes:

As my driving style is to sit in the mid range having the -5 spooling or near ready as I come onto power out of corner increases corner exit speed and provides a lovely 4 wheel power slide/drift.

And yes all handling aspects and braking have already been done and bedded in before adding power to get the car setup right from day one.

The guys at RE haven't steered me wrong yet and the car has been getting better and better as we work through legacy age part replacement, and upgrades where required. My car will look like nothing has changed when they have finished. :D

No Tarmac rally GTR owner is running 370rwkw+ mate. :)

-5s don't kick in @ 3600-3800 either. Yes they start making boost/power there but in reality they don't come on until after 4,000 and it's very noticeable if you've had -9s beforehand as i have.

Don't forget you are seeing a loaded up dyno run, in 4th gear - then ye they come on @ 3,800rpm. I'll check tonight if i get a chance but I think 3rd is around 4200-4400 and even 3rd is 150km/h.

Just because you are sitting @ 4,000rpm doesn't mean you'll instantly be on boost either.

Smaller turbos will come back on boost sooner @ any given RPM. That's just physics.

Each to their own. If i had my day again I'd go back to -9s for street/circuit/tarmac. The extra lag simply isn't worth the power.

On a side note - What ill do if you want is get my car and a mates out, and you can sit in the passenger seat if you want and see for yourself?

Most of my mates with GTR's have -9s on at the moment, so wouldnt be too hard to find someone

On a side note - What ill do if you want is get my car and a mates out, and you can sit in the passenger seat if you want and see for yourself?

Most of my mates with GTR's have -9s on at the moment, so wouldnt be too hard to find someone

Grant! oh wait.. :P

He was running 300rwkw I think though - had good reponse.

Grant! oh wait.. :P

He was running 300rwkw I think though - had good reponse.

Haha...

Kinda tempted to rape my credit card for pair of these on my new replacment.

Yep 302.8rwkw @ 18.6 psi, which is very nice for street compared to -5s.

Dan shut it down.

Adam, wtf lol

Nothing better than shutting a botch down when she tries to get smart and f**k with ya

Edited by Mohsen