SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

mmm agreed, I was using my gtr to daily for about 6months and I lost my love for the car, now I have to corona on weekends when its nice and sunny I take the gtr out and drive the car how its supposed to be driven

I tried having a weekender. I drove it about once a month and it was a complete waste of money. I've just got no time for it.

Now I drive one car and truly get my money's worth by driving it every day. It's always a pleasure driving to work. Sure, the novelty has worn off a bit but for me it would be a waste not to drive it all the time.

I guess it depends on your drive to work really, I drive on the freeway so to me i could be driving the gtr or a 1980's falcon it makes no difference what car I'm the road is stright and the speed in constant its a boring drive no matter what car. I just thought the gtr was being wasted having to do that drive everyday

I think I enjoy my $2500 head unit more than my actual car somedays :P So doesn't really matter what kind of road I'm on. Having said that, I've got a lot of twisties, merges, multi-lane roundabouts and heaps of other fun driving opportunities to experience every day. I always have a blast :)

Only problem I see with a daily is the times you wish you were in your weekend car, e.g. pole position at the lights or a nice drive through the mountains. Other than that, driving to St Kilda lastnight in traffic followed by attempts to navigate around a gridlocked carpark with mega scrapage ramps and a friggen heavy clutch just made me wonder why the hell I bother to put up with a modified Skyline as a daily.

+2

But then again you ask yourself is it special enough to be a weekender? Unless its something like a 34R I dont think so. So really the only place for a modded import is the track.

I think.

I wouldn't say it has to be something awesome, well each to their own, but just something more special than what your daily is...be it in looks or performance.

Regarding weekend cars, I use my GTR every day - at first I was like zomg scared of steep driveways finding far away car parks, treating it like a godess etc etc.. but now almost a year on I think to myself.. f**k it its there to be driven its a 1998 doesn't get a garage spot sits out in the rain.. flog it around the track which cant be any good for it.. once its warmed up don't hesitate to give it a bit on the way to work even though its close by.

Rather then spending another 10k + on a slow boring car another 2k + on insurance (im 21) and rego every year.. sure the GTR uses more petrol but the cost of having another car would equil about the same.

In saying that though seriously considering picking up a GSX650F sports tourer bike for nice days to ride to work (save a little bit on fuel) and on the weekends. Insurance and rego AND fuel is much cheaper. Only down side = possible death.

i agree im sure it would be ill keep them in mind but there arent very many for sale.

What model would you be looking for though?

their getting so cheap man! 10k would get you a nice 99-00 model. all 5 speed autos tho

wtf are you talking about?

$10k wont get u an evo 6 and the auto GTA's were only released in the evo 7's and came out in 2001, and even those u wont get for $10k

I wouldn't say it has to be something awesome, well each to their own, but just something more special than what your daily is...be it in looks or performance.

i used to be anti-daily spec cars but after driving the Yaris for 2 weeks i completely understand it. to be honest, if i had a choice right now to go out tonight in the Yaris or my old R34 i'd pick the Yaris hands down. driving the Skyline was a mission even for 1/2'dayer.

as for the "special" thing it's all down to personal preference ofcourse but i drive the work van everyday and would like to treat myself to something worth waiting 5/6 days for on the weekends. hence why i wanted to sell my GT-T it just wasn't cutting it at all, infact it got to the point were i wasn't even looking forward to driving it. it was just meh.

group buy 911 GT2?