SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

Gluteus Maximus

Tanks half way, still leaking. f**k it, I'll buy another tank. How much should I expect to pay to get one fitted?

Gluteus Maximus

Tanks half way, still leaking. f**k it, I'll buy another tank. How much should I expect to pay to get one fitted?

Wouldn't that sort of shit get picked up at roadworty time?

I paid about $150 to have my fuel tank taken out / put back in from memory. It's not a huge job; unlike my sausage, which is huge.

f**k, mortgage tomorrow. Mind says to dump money into repayment. Heart is saying to buy shit for car.

Do not want.... now i understand why Dezz sold up haha

lol. I guess he won't be 'required' any more to babysit.

Need some footwear suggestions from you doodz, because I am in need of shoes desperado-ly. I need good, durable walking shoes for my travels, capable of being walked in 5-10 + km a day.

Suggestions?

Damn, I've missed another argument. I'm getting slack these days.

RE: the weight saving thing...I always fill up a full tank, but my car accelerates faster when it has a 1/4 tank vs full. It's going to be more noticeable with a light car that is running near standard torque. If you can't notice the difference between full and near empty tanks in that sort of car, you're probably numb to it. I wouldn't notice 10kg...but if you're doing the whole weight reduction thing, everything you do adds up. There's a reason they leave the electric windows out of cars like the Lotus Elise. In improved production we used to change the panel bolts for lighter ones just to save a few kg throughout, perspex windows etc. People pay a fortune just to save 3kg because in racing you do anything you can to get an advantage.

Street cars and traffic lights are a different story...I think there's more to gain from other things like practicing launches and gear changes, because so many people on the street can't drag for shit. But again, you combine it all and everything adds up to make your car a bit quicker.

lol. I guess he won't be 'required' any more to babysit.

Need some footwear suggestions from you doodz, because I am in need of shoes desperado-ly. I need good, durable walking shoes for my travels, capable of being walked in 5-10 + km a day.

Suggestions?

Late 90's Air Force 1's.