SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

might bitch out and run 225's on it. I'm running 215's on 9.5" rears on the ceffy, and it handles just fine. With the golf though, I want a near 60 degree sidewall to tuck in under flared out guard lip. Golfs run a factory fender flare, then a lip. Most guys homo out and just leave it as it is and try and tuck shit under it. I wanna make that lip follow the angle of the fender, then make the tyre run parallel to it.

Anyways, got the wheels. Should cost about $1300 landed. I hope. Been ages (almost a year) since I bought a set of wheels, god knows what the price of shipping is these days... and I cbf waiting for a container.

who would've thunk a Subaru Legacy is perfect fitment for a VW Golf...

frogmanyo-img600x450-1269427116rktqvn44820.jpg

frogmanyo-img600x450-1269427164zcwluv52818.jpg

frogmanyo-img600x450-1269427072bnlejf44799.jpg

this thing should look tight when its done.

good price for those rims man love japan

my roof spoiler is 120 to my door fkn bargain, its all postage too spoiler was 38AUD

looks like a spitz of some kind

lol i've got wheels and I don't even know what colour the car is... apparently I've got a choice of two, one is blue and the other is silver. choices... lol I'll probably pick the one that is cleaner.

liking the idea of blue with silver chrome wheels though... probably end up respraying it black with some ghey off centre euro racing stripe.

gonna be baller.....

soooooooooooo i've sorted out how to fit the wheels to my ke70.... and keep it slammed (15x8-9)

flare guards 2"

castor wheels forward 1"

xt130 lca's to camber it in around 1.5"

hacksaw the fronts of the guards around 3" forward

195's

the rears need a big flare + some stretch and that's that

also i'm puttting an s series rear end on there which will act like 2 x 10mm spacers

FFFUUU suspension for both the R32 and the Golf is gonna cost me a month's pay. FML.

funky fk that vw looks like shit fitment.

Yeah he's running a 5x100 PCD to 5x114.3 PCD adapter, and even then he's settled for the minitrucker look. The Meister's I got are 5x100 PCD and have maximum allowable offset. If my calculations are right it should poke out an inch so that I can flare the guard to cover it.

Oh - what hours you working this weekend/long w/e funkeh - i comes get PC bits :down:

dunno if I cbf working this weekend... I'll chuck the mobo in the boot of the car, so just tell me when you're free and I'll come see you.

yeh should look the goods what colour is the car?

fucked if I know, I haven't even seen the car yet. All I know is that its an MK4, and its petrol, and that its gonna cost $5000. My mate's handling the buying/sourcing. Needs a VIV, but we do that day in day out, no probs.