SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

yeah i have.. but it's just like every other white r33 out there (like yours haha)... it's quick but i want it to look better.

thinking stealth wing and coilovers should keep me happy for a while

just get front lip like blags, lip spoiler, coils (WHY DONT U HAVE EM ALREADY!)

That's brilliant mate, I shall look into it in the coming days.

Nick, what part of Melbourne are you from?

got a price in mind if you were to sell? yeah you need a change lol

Will PM you with a price when I get home, my parents will kill me if I sell the gtr after few days but if they find out it's not behaving and need sorting out they'd also kill me either way...

Just had my dad ranting about me wheelin and dealing other day, he reckons I should start a car yard!

engine is 1973, car is 1972. So they only have to meet EPA standards from that year. EFI and suspension conversion is outside ADR requirements. I can run a straight pipe and still be legal. Think I'll truck muffler it tho. Might be a tad louder than the 96db I'm allowed. Engine is heavy as f**k tho, and car will be light as. Super fun sideways times. Engineering is $200 for that year car :D

yeh i get all that but isn't there a law that prevents engineering if the capacity/cyl no of the engine is a certain percentage larger than the original?

one of my mates in england is currently working on converting his Motec ECU to fibreoptic, so all it has is one cable coming out of it carrying up to 256 different signals.

realistically he says he'll have 3 cables, one to the dash, one to the engine bay and another to boot/fuel delivery system. still... 3 optical cables < 11ty billion wire cables that can short out, get interference, start fires etc.

Once he's finished prototyping it, I'm so gonna get on that.

Other issues can arise though, just sayin'

Whats everyone doing for new years?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqxy4m7CQ9o&feature= anyone else see this? pretty mad kick

Will PM you with a price when I get home, my parents will kill me if I sell the gtr after few days but if they find out it's not behaving and need sorting out they'd also kill me either way...

Just had my dad ranting about me wheelin and dealing other day, he reckons I should start a car yard!

If its your money what's it to your parents what you do with your cars

Yeah, it annoy them the fact I've had 3 R32 in space of 2 and 1/2 months...

I agree with you about my money I do whatever I want, at this point, my parents aren't seeing eye to eye.

Now, my younger brother is gloating about how good BMW's are... (no doubt older brother will do the same when he wake up and being told by him).

May have woken some of neighbours from 3,000rpm idle the R currently idling, off to Ace in the morning.

Story of my life.

p.s. I'm not cut out for Skyline ownership so it seems.

Paul you seem to know about all this shit...What's some decent home entertainment/surround sound packages worth looking at?

Just starting to think about a setup for when I move into my house...Will need the whole set-up, only got a TV at the moment, so receivers and all that shit etc

my advise is goto your local jb hifi and check out some models and basic pricing

have a think about what movies you watch how much you want to spend and what you'd like

perhaps even join up on some audio / home theatre forums if your die hard

but if your just a normal user who wants some good sound then some of the mid range stuff these days is pretty top notch and can be had fairly cheaply

any receiver will be suitable, all the new stuff is pretty tops, the pioneer one i posted on my FB page is $330 at jb hifi, which is cheap as chips

then just need some speakers and away you go

Yeah, it annoy them the fact I've had 3 R32 in space of 2 and 1/2 months...

I agree with you about my money I do whatever I want, at this point, my parents aren't seeing eye to eye.

Now, my younger brother is gloating about how good BMW's are... (no doubt older brother will do the same when he wake up and being told by him).

May have woken some of neighbours from 3,000rpm idle the R currently idling, off to Ace in the morning.

Story of my life.

p.s. I'm not cut out for Skyline ownership so it seems.

say hi to my R for me while you're there.

my advise is goto your local jb hifi and check out some models and basic pricing

have a think about what movies you watch how much you want to spend and what you'd like

perhaps even join up on some audio / home theatre forums if your die hard

but if your just a normal user who wants some good sound then some of the mid range stuff these days is pretty top notch and can be had fairly cheaply

any receiver will be suitable, all the new stuff is pretty tops, the pioneer one i posted on my FB page is $330 at jb hifi, which is cheap as chips

then just need some speakers and away you go

when u want to look at gear let us know and can help you then if you like

Sweet, still gotta put all the other essentials at the top of the priority list, but wanna set up the lounge room in the beginning if I've got the spare cash to spend when I first move in. Don't need anything too serious, but think I'll keep my 46" TV for the bedroom and get a 50 or 56" plasma for the lounge...Plasmas are cheap as chips these days, and will mostly be used for movies/sports...I'll occasionally play the PS3 on there but I'll probably have that in my room more often than not, so a plasma should be fine for the lounge...

Ever used the bluetooth setups? No cables is a big plus, but don't think any of the more powerful systems are bluetooth...and it won't be too hard to run the cables properly through the roof and cut some small holes, probably wall mount the rear speakers anyway

say hi to my R for me while you're there.

Done,

The culprit was a bolt stuck on thorttle cable (rear of the holder bit on 26)... Here I were worrying about being carless and at least $500 out of pocket...

Damn cars, time to take up new hobby!

yeh i get all that but isn't there a law that prevents engineering if the capacity/cyl no of the engine is a certain percentage larger than the original?

Nope, for a car manufactured before 1976 when the ADR and VSI regulations kicked in, all it needs is a signature from a VASS which says that it meets the manufacturing standard of the car when it was produced. I've already run it past a VASS who's happy to sign off on it. Basically it's just too old for anyone to care about :P

Other issues can arise though, just sayin'

like? with proper insulation the cabling is resistant to heat, vibration, EMI, signal decay, moisture etc. Tech from 2000 and late instead of the 60's... naamsayin? You can transmit a lot more data a lot quicker too, which means you could even splice in sensors that have a higher bandwith for more accurate readings.

just get front lip like blags, lip spoiler, coils (WHY DONT U HAVE EM ALREADY!)

Spent too much making it go fast :blush:

Not a huge fan of those Nismo lips.. although Billy's is different isn't it?

hektik buy my coils perfect for street hsd TT's very comfy less then 7000ks no em

they broken or something? :P

nah PM me when you're selling and we'll discuss.. cbf blowing $2k on jap coilovers