SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

Is silver 34 sedan yours?

Yes. Even though it's been there.. well, see sig.

It was supposedly done today. They said they'd call today. They didn't, I tried to call them, number disconnected. Lols were had at my expense at work where this epic car delay is now quite epically known.

Would like to be able to be in touch with them, failing that I guess I'll have to just go down there and uh, ....look for wherever they moved to?

Anyone got the new number/location for RE Customs?

Or an alternate number for them other than their main one?

they moved?

Only thing sadder than taking a photo of money is taking a photo of money with f**k all money in it.

I drove there for last years footy trip. Left at about 5-6am and drove there all alone, only stopped once for petrol and food...It wasn't too hard at all. A thermos of black coffee meant I didn't yawn once the whole way there (had about 3 hours sleep the night before), and I can't even drive 25-30 mins to/from work without yawning like 10-20 times lol

used to do it all the time. just cbf sitting in a car for 10hrs when i could be beer n bbq'ing with mates here

they moved?

used to do it all the time. just cbf sitting in a car for 10hrs when i could be beer n bbq'ing with mates here

Yeah true. I wouldn't have done it if I didn't have a brand new Mazda CX-7 with leather, premium sound and free fuel, but it benefited me substantially in the end :ninja:

They moved (or are in the process of) moving on Monday this week. So it seems the phone is now off as of today.. or it was when I called.

As to WTF is wrong with my car and WTF it took so long, that is a mystery that probably shouldn't be brought onto the forums to discuss their pretty good name, for reasons I just have to assume apply to everyone other than me :P

yes, but i dont understand why the buggers just wont catch a plane

cos he's curry and as far as his wallet is concerned, it's cheaper for you, him and your mum to get there by car. even if it does mean 9 agonising hours of being stuck in a car with your olds.

They moved (or are in the process of) moving on Monday this week. So it seems the phone is now off as of today.. or it was when I called.

As to WTF is wrong with my car and WTF it took so long, that is a mystery that probably shouldn't be brought onto the forums to discuss their pretty good name

LOL

Usually more expensive to drive these days anyway with all the cheap flights... driving there and back is gonna be a few tanks of juice

i justify driving because i fear flights..

when i came to melbourne, i boarded the plane, belted up as tight as i could, and then took a sleeping pill.. =D same thing when i went back.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• This is a great thread and going to be super helpful for me too.  We moved into this place 3 years ago and the single garage has a really high ceiling, enough for a lift, but the car has never even been in there. I have so many BMW parts and even a heap of parts from my R33's, the last of which I sold about 20 years ago. I'm sure I still have a HICAS lock bar.  I also have a saltwater aquarium and I have so many pumps and lights and supplements for that.  I really just need to chip away. Sort whats to keep, throw and sell. Like you guys I hate dealing with people online when selling stuff and I try to avoid it but a lot of this stuff will be useful to somebody and we already throw so much out.   I have lots of shelves, but they're not well organised or stacked so I need to start there probably.
    • Jumped in to do the trial with the Alfa around Watkin's Glen. I think I was around 1.16 flat which was good enough for gold at the time. The MX5 trial is tricky, its so had to keep the speed up.
    • Oh thank God its just not me !  I thought I was the only one and I was some weird arsed automotive hoarder that need an intervention. I've had a spare R33 in my garage since 07 and now its a blessing as I'm working on my car and all I have to do is turn around and there is the part I need ! !  Its like magic ! So keep every thing except the broken stuff. As was said plastic tubs are your friend Then again I've also got old Holden 6 projects that I work on from back in the 80s that I'm working on again for nostalgic reasons  
    • Massive arsed vacuum leak.
    • It's worth looking at Neil's garage thread, he was super organised (as you'd expect). He had a simple bunnings narrow shelving rack with tubs, each tub numbered, each number had a manifest. Of course, only about half the parts had made it to that system, and he had random stuff from old projects like kawasaki triples and even a Bultaco (a wtf? I said). I really don't want to throw stuff like that because it is irreplaceable, but it's also hard to know who could use it without spending a heap of time I don't have on research. Not co-incidentally, I've recently decided to try and move on some parts too, either random non-skyline stuff like S13 axles or anything R32 that I had more than 2 spares of (yes, I have a lot of space and a lot of spares). Most of the stuff is on commercial racking which is too deep for practical use for loose spares. Where possible stuff is in plastic tubs (various sizes) to keep critters from eating them. The whole place is a disaster for the poor person who has to clean it out when I'm gone. For the R32 spares, I aim to have one ready to go spare (eg rebuilt gearbox, engine, driveshafts, hubs, control arms etc) and one ready to prep spare.  Even so I've ended up with lots of 3rd or more spares and I'd rather see someone else keep their car on the road. Also I've ended up with some interior stuff like boot trims and floor mats I'll never need. So, I'm about to re-enter the painful world of online selling. I'm not on facebook (and won't be) so that is not an option, I'll start a thread on here for R32 stuff and people who need something can find it. I don't really need to throw anything for space reasons, but I somehow doubt the Greddy Rebec III will be in high demand. Oh, and I've got heaps of bench space and heaps of racking.....but still the bench is covered in half done or about to start jobs, I really need to get it better under control but time is an issue