SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

If I want it to be 100%, I'll need to piss at least 10k on it.

I need to piss the dynamat off, previous owner had it covered in boot including 4wd and HICAS ecu... Stereo wiring to be binned, sound deadener removed, louder exhaust required, new wheels, 100k service, rip the hicas off, list goes on...

That shit you listed will take half a day to do.

Theres a reason why r32's are selling cheap and you have to be pretty silly to buy one and not expecting to work on it.

Go buy a Toyota Corolla if you dont want any hassles

Yeh Leigh, 5. I'll try make some cash on it...

Mx5 lol, would lOok hilarious driving that.

Eh, I'll work it out, if exemption gets knocked back, I'll cut my losses and sell it for what ever it gets and buy a landwhale. If it doesn't get knocked back, well. Fuuuu dead aircon

lol i dont want to spin all 4 wheels, easier to buy an RB20DE and swap it in.

i dont wanna go fast, i dont wanna track it( yet) happy as long as its a skyline

you're missing the point. Your gts4 has a 4wd drivetrain. Including all the heavy bits involved which, as noted, become useless because the na won't produce enough power to drag the heavy ass body around in 4wd and the extra weight and less power will mean a barina will probably win in a drag race.

Join the Rolla Club Mohsen!

AE86 for da sidz yo!

:laugh:

sudden infant death is all the rage these days with the muzteks maccas employees?

You missed the part where I'm a red p Plater that is not interested in dragging people. Rb20det is already slow as it is

think you missed the point where even Nissan went "shit this thing is slow as, alright, lets make it standard with a turbo and not have an N/A option." You seem to want to do what even Nissan didn't want to. Shiet bitch, you mad!

hence why the R33 GTS4 and R34 GT-4 had no turbo, cos the 2.5l n/a met their power to weight ratio requirement. GTS4 and GT-4's were meant to tow shit and be passenger taxi's you took to the snow. They weren't meant to be sports cars, they got the worst of all the models, small engines, heavy drivetrain power loss, heavy chassis/suspension etc. You pretty much buy one as a daily to tow shit around, or pull almost everything out of it and replace it with GTR guts to make a GTR sedan. No one in their right mind buys a standard GTS4 and thinks it's a great sports car.

turned the car on today and its knocking from the back of the motor.

just a slight knock but it changed with light revs. :/

turned car off straight away

clearly you cant tell 100% what is smashed without pulling it down, but how much am i up for if it's just a bearing?

and what the hell should i do if it's more :/

wrecker lucky dip? refresh? rebuild?

why would it be worth any more then what you bought it for lol, i tried the same thing when selling mine, for lols i put it up for 14k, ended up reducing it to 10, and getting 9.5k for it in the end

maybe chuck it up for 6.5, if no bites in a fortnight then gonna have to put it down, also depends on how desperately you want to sell it, took me about 1 month or so to sell mine.

if anything you paid too much for that car. cut losses and sell for what you bought it for a $100 less, at least that way some cheap dropkick will buy it, just like you did.

otherwise you'll end up with a car you can't drive that you can't sell, with no money to buy another.