SAU Community

R33 Looses Memory, No Back Up Power?

micsvinyls

i installed my cd player a few wks ago and whilst doing so i lost back up power, so everytime i turn the car off, everything looses memory and resets, its driving me insane.

im sure i heard a fuse blow but i cant find where, i think i have looked everywhere.

any 1 got an idea?

i installed my cd player a few wks ago and whilst doing so i lost back up power, so everytime i turn the car off, everything looses memory and resets, its driving me insane.

im sure i heard a fuse blow but i cant find where, i think i have looked everywhere.

any 1 got an idea?

Mike

I'm gonna assume that you've had the memory problem since installing your CD player

the usual cause is the constant and Acc wires crossed over (there the red and yellow ones) swap them round you should be sweet

if the above assumption is wrong the the fuse is near your right knee

cheers

when you say everything, do you mean the clock in the dash as well? if so then as bundybear said, check the fuse panel on the right hand side of the steering wheel down near where the lever is to pop the bonnet. just pull them out 1 at a time and see if they are any blown.

also might be worth pulling out your stereo and just unplugging it then turning the car on and off to see if the clock is still losing it's memory.

if it is only the cd player losing it's memory then check the wiring

The same thing has happened to my R32... My cd player wont turn on at all, the clock wont display the time at all and my aircon loses its memory also. I checked the fuses and one was blown, so i tried putting another 10amp fuse in and it blows straight away. It all started when i took my car in to get the compressor bearing fixed and my mechanic has shorted something out but i cant figure what hes done.. :no:

i have checked every single fuse in the car and i cant find a blown one, the only reason my cd player is working is cause i wired constant with accessories for the time being until i find the solution, believe me i wouldnt be asking if i could find the fault.

And yes EVERYTHING looses memory, A/C, Clock, Turbo Timer, CD Player.

sly-01 which fuse keeps blowing in your r32?

mic

you've obviously lost the constant feed to the entire dash (probably ECU, dash lights also).

I know the 32'z have a fuseable link (not fuse, they look like a loop of wire) near the battery this might have gone

with no wiring diagram 4 the 33'z I'd grab a test light and start pokn round

check the back of the Ignition switch 4 constant power (make sure plugs arn't loose 2) it'l give you an idea where 2 look

where bouts you located ?? maybe someone familiar with autoelec in your area can help

cheers

ps you know there are 3 lots of fuses ....

mic

you've obviously lost the constant feed to the entire dash (probably ECU, dash lights also).

I know the 32'z have a fuseable link (not fuse, they look like a loop of wire) near the battery this might have gone

with no wiring diagram 4 the 33'z I'd grab a test light and start pokn round

check the back of the Ignition switch 4 constant power (make sure plugs arn't loose 2) it'l give you an idea where 2 look

where bouts you located ?? maybe someone familiar with autoelec in your area can help

cheers

ps you know there are 3 lots of fuses ....

yep i know there are 3 lots of fuses, under bonnet, under steering wheel and boot. i will search for that link fuse

im in mango hill, brisbane