SAU Community

A Current Affair Hoons

cell

in the police officers defence i dont think she could have done anything more as she was on the wrong side of the road and she would never expected the idiot to run from her when she moved out the way so he could pull over.

also on the vidio tape we can hardly see the number plate from all the smoke.

and also we all know how narow that road is so to be able to turn around in a hurry when you have so many people in the street and cars as well isnt the easyest thing to do, remembering the street would have been busyer than a normal weekend as the fringe is on and womadelaide was on

in the event of a crime being committed an officer can use the full extent of the law calling in backup and blocking the road getting out her vehicle and arresting the young man

if she didnt feel safe getting out her vehicle then she could of stayed where she was and waited till further backup arrived would of taken no time for another patrol to come from the rundle mall end

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit it was a nice smoke show jus wrong place i guess , shoulda been down my street :) . cant say im a huge fan of silver silvia nissan skylines tho but each to there own ill stick to hills runs thanx theres not so many camera fones

Anyone hear Fresh FM news this morning?

First time the news guy called it a Nissan SILVIA, then the second time he called it a Nissan SKILVIA then I think he gave up on trying to figure out what it was so just called it a SILVER Nissan. :)

LOL how is it so hard The car has a CEFIRO badge on the back ffs!!!!!!! lol :P

i was in town tonight for the fringe and its left a decent mark, the cops have marked it all out with the yellow paint they use in the case of a crash, first time ive ever seen that

At a guess Craig, I think what he's trying to say is, that if something happend that was against the law that didn't affect anyone in anyway, shouldn't be punished or shouldn't be that harshly frowned upon.

But like I said before, a crime is dumbed down to breaking the law. breaking the law has punishments to stop people from doing them again or not at all.

I think..

my apologies, i should have been a bit clearer. yes, that i what i was trying to say. it is absolutely ludicrous that crimes against the state attract such insane penalties. i wasn't arguing that they shouldn't attract any kind of penalty, but the penalties for these kind of victimless crimes are just not justified. car crushing is probably the best example. why should it be ok for the state to seize possession of potentially the most expensive piece of equipment you own and destroy it, despite the crime you committed having absolutely no impact on anything around you? more to the point, why would anyone with the power of rational and critical thinking, approve of such nonsense? FURTHER to the point, did you vote for this shift in law? did anyone vote for this shift in law?

I can understand what your saying Josh..... but, had it all gone wrong and bystanders were injured or killed (and I'm not just talking about Rundle St on Friday night) then how would one define the crime?

You argue that the penalties are too severe and that the government has no right to crush cars?

What right does anyone have to endanger the lives of other innocent road users?

I can understand what your saying Josh..... but, had it all gone wrong and bystanders were injured or killed (and I'm not just talking about Rundle St on Friday night) then how would one define the crime?

You argue that the penalties are too severe and that the government has no right to crush cars?

Just think back to the Magill Road crash (Skyline and WRX) and also the Torrens Road crash (2 WRXs). These shocking images are still fresh in the minds of many people. My cousin was the first fatality for this year ... her death is still fresh in my mind. It all shows how things can go wrong very quickly, and lives are lost.

The guy was a cock doing it in such a crowded area and giving import drivers a bad name. Simple. :blink: He might have thought its was harmless fun (as some of you do) but the reality is, it wasn't.

look at what happened a few years ago, when a top fuel dragster was doing a burnout for a crowd, lost control and killed a few people, that driver was charged bigtime and he was a 'pro'

Sure if you play up on the road you may have had a "near miss". But how many near misses are your fault when you drive sensibly on the road if you aint speeding ridiculously or playing up on the road?

The answer is very few.

By not acting like your on a racetrack you reduce you risk of having a fatal crash and you have more time to react to things.

By honing your skills on a racetrack you become a better, more aware, quick thinking road driver, which in turn improves your ability to avoid accidents and near misses.

Getting into track racing makes you realise that driving on the road for thrills is really a waste of time.

Edited by ON EDGE

Sure if you play up on the road you may have had a "near miss". But how many near misses are your fault when you drive sensibly on the road if you aint speeding ridiculously or playing up on the road?

The answer is very few.

By not acting like your on a racetrack you reduce you risk of having a fatal crash and you have more time to react to things.

By honing your skills on a racetrack you become a better, more aware, quick thinking road driver, which in turn improves your ability to avoid accidents and near misses.

Getting into track racing makes you realise that driving on the road for thrills is really a waste of time.

Truer words have never been spoken

-D

How many Commodore jerks and Ford drop kicks do burnout and drags and are involved in high speed crashes???

We wouldn't know because they don't make it to the media.

Truth is the government doesnt care as long as were buying Aussie junk boxes were stimulating the economy and creating jobs, and then they pressure the media to constantly publicize them.

You could own a V8 with illegal turbo/s installed and not get defected or impounded cause the cops love it.

I know a female cop and she as been basically but not officially told, if you witness a drag race go after the import forget about the other car.

When that crash happened in the Magil area last year there was massive media hype about imports and how they are a mennace.

The next week end a commodore driver hit a tree going 150k's and there was a 30 second report on it and basically blown off.

The only people i see driving like jerks and hoons are all VL/VP/VN/VT and the new turbo xr6 drivers most skyling drivers just look at them and laugh! why bother

i wrote a massive reply and then lost it :nyaanyaa:

vr4nut on ns.com summed up what i was saying pretty well though: http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=5653836

laws.

laws laws laws.

because a road is 60km/h, is it safe to do 60?

thanks to excessive, stupid laws we are breeding a f**king retarded country.

i'm in italy at the moment and was in poland two weeks ago and everyone speeds like crazy. they don't get reamed over here if they are speeding, in face in poland you get pulled over if you AREN'T speeding, because the cops think you're up to something.

common sense is being bred out of society. it is up to the individual to make a decision for themselves and then act upon it. i am sure that 9/10 australians believe that burnouts are unsafe because they are illegal, yet those same 9/10 assume that doing 60km/h is safe if the sign says so, regardless of the three year old on the footpath with the soccer ball.

they will make more laws, everyone will get dumber, retards like rann will manage to stay voted in for longer, retirees will be happy in their dream world, and all you motherf**kers will call me deej.

if you want something nice and depressing, here's the current odds on the liberals winning the election:

http://www.sportingbet.com.au/uipub/sport....mp;l3id=1250700

Does anyone know where I can go to find out exactly who i can vote for in my electorate?

Edited by pyro-ns

I nearly got cleaned up by a wanker in an XR6 Turbo yesterday, I was driving along the Maroondah Highway at 80 km/h and changed lanes, not realising the XR6 was coming up behind me at about 140. He had to swerve back into the lane I had just left to avoid hitting me.

I get nervous whenever I see a "hotted up" (I use the term loosely) Falcon or Commodore. It seems like a lot of them are idiots.

How many Commodore jerks and Ford drop kicks do burnout and drags and are involved in high speed crashes???

We wouldn't know because they don't make it to the media.

Truth is the government doesnt care as long as were buying Aussie junk boxes were stimulating the economy and creating jobs, and then they pressure the media to constantly publicize them.

You could own a V8 with illegal turbo/s installed and not get defected or impounded cause the cops love it.

I know a female cop and she as been basically but not officially told, if you witness a drag race go after the import forget about the other car.

When that crash happened in the Magil area last year there was massive media hype about imports and how they are a mennace.

The next week end a commodore driver hit a tree going 150k's and there was a 30 second report on it and basically blown off.

The only people i see driving like jerks and hoons are all VL/VP/VN/VT and the new turbo xr6 drivers most skyling drivers just look at them and laugh! why bother

The answer is very few.

Its all about learning your limits and your vehicles limits.

The best thing I ever did was getting involved in trackdays on motorbikes and then racing. It did indeed help hone my skills, but also to improve your judgement. Learning to make quick decisions at 200kph and skilled enough to not upset the balance of the bike, really hones your skills and judgement at 60kph!

I can certainly vouch that the skills I learnt on the track certainly saved my neck on our roads time and time again. You react quickly without thinking. Its the time wasted thinking, or the panic, that reduces your chances of avoiding a crash. Not sure if I've explained it correctly, but correct judgement becomes more "automatic".

And it does calm you down on the road. Racing on the roads is just braindead.

i wrote a massive reply and then lost it :cool:

vr4nut on ns.com summed up what i was saying pretty well though: http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=5653836

if you want something nice and depressing, here's the current odds on the liberals winning the election:

http://www.sportingbet.com.au/uipub/sport....mp;l3id=1250700

Does anyone know where I can go to find out exactly who i can vote for in my electorate?

you want Rann to get back in , im leaving this state all together if it happens , he has policed this state beyond belief i couldnt think of a worse out come .No one should vote for this blood sucker

Has the dipstick who did the burnout got anything to say here on the forum, wish some of the older more mature guys who know and respect serious power would jump in and say something.

Would be nice if there someone would take a stance and divide the "dipstick incorporated group" HOONS from not so stupid car enthusiasts, problem is there is a mix and again reiterate its the minority of dick heads who stand out of the crowd "the dipstick incorporated group" as with Rundle St and make it bad for the majority.

Is there not a way that we smart cruisers cannot divide ourselves and boycott the "dipsticks"

PS: with relation to the burnout, its really not that hard to do, maybe he should move to QLD for the summernats burnout competition where he would still be anialated..........and by the way " to the dipstick" there was mothers pushing prams there, idiot!!

What do you all think about the "dipsticks incorportated group"

Has the dipstick who did the burnout got anything to say here on the forum, wish some of the older more mature guys who know and respect serious power would jump in and say something.

Sorry. I thought we had :cool:

:P

problem is most people that do that don't sign up on forums

I thought they signed up on NS.com? :P

Sorry. I thought we had :cool:

:P

I thought they signed up on NS.com? :P

Hi there Madaz and RubyRS4 and others who have contributed as mature car enthusiasts that they are, I must admit I had not read all of the posts and apologise only to say what can we do to push the dipsticks out?