SAU Community

Chasing a new clutch for my 34 which I will be converting to manual soon using 33 stuff, now how do people rate the xtreme clutches, either organic, HD or those sprung button centres?

I am aiming for around 230rwkw and will be taking it to the track every now and then and well streeting it 95% of the time. The guy at Xtremes told me either go organic which will be great street use, would hold 230rwkw no worries but taking it to the track and clutch kicks will obviously shorten its life span......or go a puck style, still ok for the street and bulletproof on the track.

Reason I am chasing one of these clutches is that I bought one for my rotor last year and I was going to return it and swap it for something to suit me. I priced an Exedy HD clutch and that was about $200 more than an extreme one but the guy said it might have a slightly higher clamping load

I have also heard there are extremely harsh on drive lines

So from peoples use of these.......Stay away from these or go buy one?

Thanks

Giulian

Edited by rb2534

Hey Guilian,

I have been using an Xtreme Cushioned Button Clutch, with matching lightened flywheel for the past 3-4 years. I can't fault it - it's fine for street driving (only a little heavier than stock) and has held up my 250 rwkw without a problem. My wife also has no drama's driving with it, so I'd definitely recommend going with one.

Ryno

i killed my xtreme 9 puck in 1 year. destroyed the pressure plate and flywheel but the pressure plate was ok. ended up putting in a NPC clutch which has been great but i think i would go the exedy clutch next. spend the extra 200 and be safe. my opinion only.

• 2 months later...

Im did this to an exedy cushioned button:

1274149575.jpg

1274160852.jpg

1274067865.jpg

It held the power fine just rolling on etc, but I took it to the drags once, and with some heavy launches, I munched it. (340rwhp)

For that reason, I have gone an Exedy 5 puck Button this time. Fingers crossed it takes to launching and clutch kicks abit better :D

I've been told by a reputable workshop on the gold coast that exedy don't make clutches to the same standards that they used to and that you should seriously consider buying a Jim Berry clutch if you don't want disappointments down the road.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had an x-treme organic single plate in my car for almost a year now, it's had a lot of abuse and is starting to show signs of wear. My clutch now was only ever suppose to be a heavy duty replacement, not designed for the more than double the standard power that my car makes, it still holds up well. I'd reccomend them I guess, not 100% satisfied but that's just my poor selection of clutch (I.e. Wrong application)