SAU Community

Anyone Up For A Cruise On Tomorrow (friday 12/03/10) Night?

4drlvr

Yeh we can meet at the Myer Megamart off the Dalton Road.... where exactly is it...??? say am on settlement road... and getting on to dalton...

Nathan... if i got any difficulties finding the place will give you a ring mate...

Edited by H00N

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually a Hardly Normal now according to Google street view haha.

It's directly opposite Maccas/The Good Guys.

Clicky for street view and swing the camera 180 degrees to find where Maccas is too.

I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to make it at this stage.

Maybe if anyone knows of nice places to take photos, you could go take some snaps.

I spent a few hours driving around just looking for nice buildings and roads to park the car next to for photos just a few weeks ago. Just throwing out a suggestion :P drinks/games is good too!

Edited by UnCo

Hi Guys, Thanks for the reply. I wouldnt mind doing any of the suggesions thrown up so we can meet up there and then go for it, i suppose this more about getting out and about and meeting some our fellow skyline lovers lol.

Im up for the phtoto thing as well, theres a place called Mount Riddley which is off the hume which isnt built up and at the correct angle you can get a good view of the city with the cars in the background. The road is Mt Riddley road. We can do this as well

Keep the suggestions coming guys

Hey RJ... whats planz after the meet at Maccas on Dalton road...??? got nethin in mind as yet...??? N yea.. i am good wid da shoot as well..

Edited by H00N

Well the options we've got is to go play pool/ drinks which isnt a bad idea since there looks to be a few of us, or we can go Mt Riddley and get the photos and this place has a lot of room so parking isnt going to be an issue.

If we want we could do all of the above and then drive to the airport look out after that and kick back there but thats all i got in mind.

Whats everyone think of that???

Also we meeting at the Myers/ Harvey norman carpark not the maccas

Edited by 4drlvr

Put me down as a maybe. I should be driving past around 8ish as I finish work quite late - Will join you fellas if you're still there - If not, maybe next time - don't wait up :cheers:

Just on a side note... Isn't Harvey Norman open till 9PM - It is a Friday night????

was that the realy rough road we did on that midnight run :cheers:

Nah man, it is a inner city suburb, with real twisty roads.

It was one of the roads we 'should' have took when doing the midnight run, but I don't think most of us followed the instructions and we all made our own way there.

Not a good idea anymore, the cops are all over Yarra Blvd on a friday / saturday night. I couldn't sleep the other weekend, and decided to go for a drive to the Blvd at about 2am on a sunday morning. Was driving spiritedly, but then I got an uneasy feeling and slowed down to the 50km/h speed limit. A couple of corners later and i was confronted with a cop car on the opposite side of the road. Such a weird feeling, it was almost like I could sense something was a-miss lol.

Luckily I kept driving and once out of sight, I hid in a side road. They did a u-turn but didn't see me and I managed to get the f**k out of there without being hassled.

Haven't been back since. I remember the good old days when we use to go there all the time in our younger days. Sigh.

I know yeah.

I went to go check it out after the midnight run (the next day), it was great.

Went back there the next and a cop car pulled out in front of me.

I pulled way back, followed them for a bit then they sped off and I took the next exit and GTFO!

BTW, my Touge post was a joke.

i should be there for thomo but doubt ill make it by 730.. how long u there for ? and might head home after that anyways big day tomorow depends what u guys go planned..

lemme know how long ur at hardly normal and ill work out if ill come down or not

thx

Most likely will hand out there till about 815 or so and then get going else where depending on what we doing, if its pool/ drinks or go take some pics or sumtin like that.

Sorry guys, long day at work and I just got home.

It'll take me another 10 mins before I leave home and 10 mins to get there haha, I'm pretty sure you will have left for your next destination after an hour of being at the meet spot.