SAU Community

R32 Rb25 Conversion License

steve_23*

hey pplz i have a 32 gtst and have blown motor so im off to get a 25 conversion done in 2 weeks yay! im kinda stoked with the price im getting for but the only doubt is getting the engine registered with my car, is it possible? like im really scared if i get a yellow thats the end of it!!! has anyone had the conversion done and had it licenesed with the car?????

You will hear varying stories on complexity and hardness but my personal experience is that I put an RB30DET in my 32, got a sticker, took it over pits, they notarised the new engine number and that was it. I now have an R32 GTSt licensed with an RB30DET in there.

If it's done well (read: not dodgy), then you shouldn't have any real dramas, will probably have to get it engineered though, have a search as there are a couple of threads on it in the WA section.

Edited by bubba

+1, everyone on here has different opinions on what needs to be done.

But as Bubba said, all you really need to do is fill out a change of engine number form. Basically because the engine is not changing the number of cylinders that you had from factory, you just need to download a form from the DPI website notifying them of the change of engine. And that should be it.

Rather than people's OPINIONS on how the law complies, why don't you hit up the DPI website and read through the ADRs.

Under the power to weight ratio rules you can register a 2.5 litre with forced induction in an R32 Skyline with no drama's.

You'll need the car signed off by an engineer, usually whoever does the conversion can do this for you.

Rather than people's OPINIONS on how the law complies, why don't you hit up the DPI website and read through the ADRs.

Under the power to weight ratio rules you can register a 2.5 litre with forced induction in an R32 Skyline with no drama's.

You'll need the car signed off by an engineer, usually whoever does the conversion can do this for you.

thanks guys i feel so much better!!!lol! I will do all the above thankyou.. boostin 25 yeah boi! cant wait!

Hit up Nirans thread, His going through the exact same thing at the moment......

However my experience was the same as Bubbas, no fuss when changing engine from 26 to 30 (32GTR)

his was quiet extreme from 20 to 30 lol

My 32 has a RB25 in it. The car has R33 GTST brakes, which is required to be put on. This is because you need brakes the same size as what the car had that the engine came out of or bigger. So once that was done, car has been rego'd with 25 easy.

My 32 has a RB25 in it. The car has R33 GTST brakes, which is required to be put on. This is because you need brakes the same size as what the car had that the engine came out of or bigger. So once that was done, car has been rego'd with 25 easy.

sweet as. cheers. skylines rock!!!