SAU Community

Help~car Kept Stalling

Jefri

HI there I just got my car from hyperdrive on thursday to get the timing belt and water pump changed and the next morning when u start the car it idle at very low rpm. when i depress the clutch above 3rd gear it stalls (approaching traffic light or roundabouts). could it be something wrong with ignition timing when they fitted the new timing belts? i just gave them a call and they claims that the car drives ok when they test it. I never had this problem before. anyone out there. pls help THANKS

hey dude

i had something simular happen to mine when i got the belt changed too, we found that it was the crank angle sensor needed adjusting (found on exhaust side on timing cover)they probably didnt put it on the angle they started with before they took it off. basicly the sensor could be out of timing. but do your research on that, get it checked out could be something else

thanks dude. i guess that must be the problem. and the exhaust popping like machine gun when i rev it. i don't know if they gona charge me since they claim the car drives ok when their mechanic tested it. thanks

I am sending it back to hyperdrive tomorrow morning and see what is happening. But it is far the best quote i get 650 from hyperdrive. 700 from kensei garage. I am lucky to get it done on time because my water pump is just days before the corrosion went through.

let us know the outcome , just did my timming belt and the first time ever tonight the car stalled .. its auto . let me know if that fixes ur problem

put the car in this morning and got it back at noon. car still stalls sometime tho but way better than before. crank angle sensor timing was out and bov is loose. i was told someone done something to the crank angle sensor after the car leaves the workshop...but what i did is just tighten the bolts lol... maybe that leave some marks on the bolts. he doesn't seems to be happy. but anyway it cost me nth and i am happy with hyperdrive.