SAU Community

Adelaide International + Anti Hoons

GTR Grey Ghost

NOT ALL CAR ENTHUSIASTS ARE HOONS!!!

Hi there guys and gals, am open to suggestions and throwing around thoughts, most of us agree that the episode by the non "Skyline" but Cefira driver in Rundle Street as per ACA was from "dipsticks incorporated" and cleary a Hoon, this creates a problem because the Police / Law see most Skyline and Jap Import Drivers as Hoons when this is clearly not the case......again comes down to the minority making it bad for the majority.

I have some ideas, maybe the older farts like myself and or the younger more mature can work together possibly with the Government to come to some sort of arrangement, here is one thought, should we all contribute some funds to the Anti-Hoon Foundation which I suggest the Government create.

eg: This would mean an old fart like myself would have contributed funds (a pre-determined dollar value by the Government) this is how it works......when the Police see 42 yr old me driving my GTR and do a rego check they see that I am all for Anti-Hoon as I am a Registered Financial Anti Hoon Contributor , and against dipsticks, further to the above the Government would contribute those funds to sifting out the Hoons and possibly consider a push and using some of those funds for Adelaide International Raceway redevelopement.

I think most of us agree that the episode in Rundle Street was insane and those who dont are the ones the Government should target, not us!!!!

Hopefully the Law reads this for their consideration, am open for suggestions, we are all passionate about keeping our hobbies safe and equally respected, what else can we do, open for suggestions and hope that we get some welcomed feedback.

as good as that would be it would never happen , we are all tared with the same brush

Sometimes in life we need to be seen to making an effort, driving safely does not get recognised at all because dipsticks keep popping their heads out and making it worse for all of us, sitting on our hands and waiting for laws to get passed is not going to help, we need to as a group frown apon the "dipsticks incorporated" and seperate ourselves the best we can, how can we apply a professional wisdom to our hobby, sell our cars and leave them for the dipsticks?

Sometimes in life we need to be seen to making an effort, driving safely does not get recognised at all because dipsticks keep popping their heads out and making it worse for all of us, sitting on our hands and waiting for laws to get passed is not going to help, we need to as a group frown apon the "dipsticks incorporated" and seperate ourselves the best we can, how can we apply a professional wisdom to our hobby, sell our cars and leave them for the dipsticks?

as unviable it is to some to sell their cars , why should we?

im hesitant to drive mine on the street (not that i can at the moment) because im always picked on because im on my p plates, yet i dont go around the streets doing burnouts.

ill happily be driving along doing 55 in a 60 , not drawing any attention to myself , and BAM pulled over and defected. its happened more then once, and for things that arent a defect.

i dont have much respect for police and the government , let alone the media for pointing the finger at us import owners

end of the day its unfair and im going to sit here and accept it because theres nothing i can do.

by all means get this fund thing up and running and ill contribute , but i want to see something eventuate from it unlike some things in the past

$0.02

as unviable it is to some to sell their cars , why should we?

im hesitant to drive mine on the street (not that i can at the moment) because im always picked on because im on my p plates, yet i dont go around the streets doing burnouts.

ill happily be driving along doing 55 in a 60 , not drawing any attention to myself , and BAM pulled over and defected. its happened more then once, and for things that arent a defect.

i dont have much respect for police and the government , let alone the media for pointing the finger at us import owners

end of the day its unfair and im going to sit here and accept it because theres nothing i can do.

by all means get this fund thing up and running and ill contribute , but i want to see something eventuate from it unlike some things in the past

$0.02

something like this would be great if we can get it off the ground. but as the current situation stands, we are currently paying to hire out and use Mallala racetrack (private track days). now this is money being spent so that i can do the right thing.

i can't justify having to spend more money (that i work my ass off for) to give to the government to chase up on people doing the wrong thing.

i understand where the idea is coming from, and in theory it is fantastic, but i'm sorry it just doesn't make sense to me that we should be forking out the bill for other peoples stupidity

cheers Bengi

(does what i wrote make any sense?)

Well we cannot continue to wait here, yes I can related to your BAM and pulled over for no reason and defected, this is exactly the attention i am talking about and this is what I mean by the SAPOL working with us to only focus on the dipsticks, and not assume that by way of age or P plate means that you come into that category. The Government say they are serious about the crack down, all I am many hope that we achieve is that there is a distinct difference between the Hoon from dipstick incorporated compared to the car enthusiast so this is why I think a Registration Policy may help, and buy the way if we default and are seen also Hooning then we loose our Anti Hoon Financial Contribution Registration.

Anti Hoon Financial Hoon Contribution Registration should means that a P Plater like yourself minding his own business choofing along at 55-60k should be left alone if doing nothing.

Cheers,

PS: Hope the law reads this thread and thinks its a good idea, maybe they could also contribute with the discussion?

in theory is works

but the biggest floor is the hoon with deep pockets willing to contribute to said fund also

Hello mate, no should not be a problem, I reiterate that you would pay a pre-determined dollar value set by the Government which would provide you a Anti Hoon Financial Contribution Registration Certificate, default and you loose it, regardless of how deep your pockets are.

Note, loss of Certificate should only apply if hooning,

Very importantly I reiterate that by Registering you are acknowledge you apose hooning and what ever laws are applied, eg crushing cars you agree with, distinction between the car enthusiast compared to the hoon is what we need

Why should I have to pay the govenment to drive my car when I already pay registration that does the same thing. Just because I drive a performance car, doesn't mean I should be taxed for it. Hoons also drive 4cyl Charades, Excels, Commodores, etc not only imports. Why should I have to pay money to be left alone from the police in my Skyline yet not have to worry about it when I take out the Navara.

something like this would be great if we can get it off the ground. but as the current situation stands, we are currently paying to hire out and use Mallala racetrack (private track days). now this is money being spent so that i can do the right thing.

i can't justify having to spend more money (that i work my ass off for) to give to the government to chase up on people doing the wrong thing.

i understand where the idea is coming from, and in theory it is fantastic, but i'm sorry it just doesn't make sense to me that we should be forking out the bill for other peoples stupidity

cheers Bengi

(does what i wrote make any sense?)

Hi Bengi, no matter what, you and I and your children inevitably pay for the Hoons, what I am suggesting is that there be an agreement between the Car Enthusiast and the Government to push funds to get rid of the Hoons but also to apply funds elsewhere to our sport and acknowledge the enthusiast as decent and respectable.

eg: it may also provide you a discount to Mallala for taking the safe approach and testing your Horsepower / KW off of the road and onto the track, maybe they can subsidise for those who have a Anti Hoon Financial Contribution Registration Certificate.

Also may save lives too,

Why should I have to pay the govenment to drive my car when I already pay registration that does the same thing. Just because I drive a performance car, doesn't mean I should be taxed for it. Hoons also drive 4cyl Charades, Excels, Commodores, etc not only imports. Why should I have to pay money to be left alone from the police in my Skyline yet not have to worry about it when I take out the Navara.

Heslo, this is not for the GTR, high performance car enthusiast but the Morris Minor, Leyland P76 and 100's of other cars enthusiasts, ir for my stepfather who owned an MG when he was 18 more than 40 years ago, and further to the above it would be a voluntary payment. Also it would allow other things, volunteers at car clubs / races interstate, may have anti-hoon clothing etc tax deductable and also sooner or later the want to be drifters will only be recognised on the track, thats it, ANY where else means nothing!!!!!!!

A HOON is simply a mentally imature challenged dipstick who does not respect power, it means - INEXPERIENCED WITH HORSEPOWER

In my experience, the "Morris Minor, Leyland P76 and 100's of other cars enthusiasts" are untouched by police. Why would they care to pay to drive their vehicles?

I agree with Heslo, i already pay rego, and insurance, and i don't see why i should have to pay to drive a modified car.

I know plenty of people who have absolute crappers for daily', and they get thrashed so much harder than their 'weekend car', will they be taxed?

In my experience, the "Morris Minor, Leyland P76 and 100's of other cars enthusiasts" are untouched by police. Why would they care to pay to drive their vehicles?

Mate this is not all about being untouched by the Police, those Morris Minor and P76 drivers will come on board for the simple fact that they support the car enthusiast, thats it full stop, has nothing to do with eliminating the focus on imports, hopefully it will help, what it does means that we are trying to make an effort

Is a copper going to cruise up next to you and say, gee mate thats great driving ya doin there at 60, cheers, have a great day

NO, he is not, however chirp ya tyres off the lights and he's going to call you a hoon, regardless

This is all about trying to make an effort, trying to differentiate yourself from the dipsticks, you tell me another way, maybe put a sticker on your back window saying you are not a dipstick LOL

Register to say you are not, maybe register is for FREE, who knows , all I know is that if we were to contribute two cents maybe they would take us seriously is all

Mate I really dont know, just that the next time you do chirp your tyres you will be in court arguing if it was 1/10 of a second on the white line, or 5/10's and your cars gonna get crushed

Open for suggestions

To be honest. I've learnt to deal with the shit. It's always been this way, it always will. No amount of lobbying against it will change it. As for "Is a copper going to cruise up next to you and say, gee mate thats great driving ya doin there at 60, cheers, have a great day" Of course he isn't, if he did, it would mean he would have to say the same to 80% of all the other road users. No matter what system you put in place, there will always be those that abuse it. You know this, I know this and most importantly the police know this. Yes, they abuse it too with their "blanketing" of "all import drivers are hoons" While it's not true 100% of the time, the fact is, a great majority of those seen doing stupid things in cars do drive imports. It's a fact of life sadly, accept it, or move along. I for one see no other choice in the matter. If you do, I wish you the best of luck with getting your end result

To be honest. I've learnt to deal with the shit. It's always been this way, it always will. No amount of lobbying against it will change it. As for "Is a copper going to cruise up next to you and say, gee mate thats great driving ya doin there at 60, cheers, have a great day" Of course he isn't, if he did, it would mean he would have to say the same to 80% of all the other road users. No matter what system you put in place, there will always be those that abuse it. You know this, I know this and most importantly the police know this. Yes, they abuse it too with their "blanketing" of "all import drivers are hoons" While it's not true 100% of the time, the fact is, a great majority of those seen doing stupid things in cars do drive imports. It's a fact of life sadly, accept it, or move along. I for one see no other choice in the matter. If you do, I wish you the best of luck with getting your end result

Well said Heslo, pretty much closed the topic there, I have nothing else to say bar was thinking out the square tonight, we have an issue because of the minority of dipstick import drivers and will have to live with it, just hope that people out there do not loose there cars from doing nothing, which potentially may happen, cheers