.WILKO.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOVs are used for the following reasons (if my googling can be trusted);

- prevent compressor surge

- reduce turbo and engine wear

- maintain turbo speed during gear change (to reduce lag)

There is no benefits of running a aftermarket blow off valve unless your running really high boost. Just retain your stock one. Going by your username if you have a GTR, GTR BOV's are really good and more then sufficient.

There is no benefits of running a aftermarket blow off valve unless your running really high boost. Just retain your stock one. Going by your username if you have a GTR, GTR BOV's are really good and more then sufficient.

i think he's asking the pros and cons of with or without a bov, not whether if it's aftermarket or not.

Well the only pro of not running a BOV would be less weight, less piping.

Hardly see those as any gains to be had.

Not going to debate the effects of turbo damage from lack of BOV. That is another topic.

Basically, I'm just going to say there is no real benefit in removing the BOV. Just make sure if you have one that it is a plumb back.

Lets consider for a minute the fact that most race cars don't run a BOV.

Lets consider for a minute the ONLY reason they were created was for emmisions reasons.

Lets consider for a minute the only people who started spouting about engine wear and turbo wear were the manufacturers of aftermarket BOVs...

The only thing they will do is remove "dose" (Which is perfectly fine, non damaging and doesn't slow the compressor down)

I run a MASSIVE fark off turbo, laggy as hell, and between shifts, it comes snapping back on full boost. The real way to setup a wastegate will prevent lag between shifts from not running a BOV... :blush: