SAU Community

Car Won't Start

Niswow

have you tuned the ecu to suit the injectors eg power fc have you adjusted the duty on the hand controler-

Yes, I have adjusted the injector settings ,but the duty not yet. How do i go by adjusting the duty on the hand controller.

Thanks.

Hey man

If you set the injectors up in the hand controller you would have set the scaling for the injectors (as a Percentage) and then you would have adjusted the lag/latency of the injectors (+ or - a small number like 0.12 or something). That should be enough to set your new injectors up for now.

When it comes to only being able to get shit fuel, i had a similar problem. If it is only a small small town, the fuel sells slowly and they only had 91, chances are that the fuel is shit. If you have the chance to travel a little further and grab some fresh 98 I would highly recommend it. I bought "premium" from the local servo in my little town and its was absolute shit.

When you are turning it over, are you getting ANY ignition at all? Does it even try and fire in the slightest or will it just turn and turn and turn?

Yes, I have adjusted the injector settings ,but the duty not yet. How do i go by adjusting the duty on the hand controller.

Thanks.

EDIT: Have you set the base fuel pressure? Is it possible to just use the stock FPR for now while you try and get it running?

Edited by Lukas 33

Hey man

If you set the injectors up in the hand controller you would have set the scaling for the injectors (as a Percentage) and then you would have adjusted the lag/latency of the injectors (+ or - a small number like 0.12 or something). That should be enough to set your new injectors up for now.

When it comes to only being able to get shit fuel, i had a similar problem. If it is only a small small town, the fuel sells slowly and they only had 91, chances are that the fuel is shit. If you have the chance to travel a little further and grab some fresh 98 I would highly recommend it. I bought "premium" from the local servo in my little town and its was absolute shit.

When you are turning it over, are you getting ANY ignition at all? Does it even try and fire in the slightest or will it just turn and turn and turn?

EDIT: Have you set the base fuel pressure? Is it possible to just use the stock FPR for now while you try and get it running?

The injector setting are place in already 65 % and 0.20 ms thats the setting that i input. As for the fuel is real hard to get a higher octane, i would have to mix to get that rate.

Yes, i have ignition (checked by inserting the plug into the coil and place it near a ground). When I tried to fire her up, you would hear it firing up ,but after that she just turn n turn n turn. I also tried with WOT while cranking her up.

Thanks

Oh ok so you have spark. Sorry man I meant ignition as the fuel actually igniting. So it did that a few times and now you just have nothing? If you still have spark I really can't suggest anything but the fuel. How long ago did you get this 91 octane fuel? Also what is your fuel pressure?

The injector setting are place in already 65 % and 0.20 ms thats the setting that i input. As for the fuel is real hard to get a higher octane, i would have to mix to get that rate.

Yes, i have ignition (checked by inserting the plug into the coil and place it near a ground). When I tried to fire her up, you would hear it firing up ,but after that she just turn n turn n turn. I also tried with WOT while cranking her up.

Thanks

If you can only run 91 fuel, you will need to take some timing out of the maps.

Also, what is the setting for timing during start? RBs like a lot, like 40-45 deg.

When trying to start after flooding, you need to just keep cranking - could take nearly a minute to clear the excess fuel. The engine won't start like normal.

Oh ok so you have spark. Sorry man I meant ignition as the fuel actually igniting. So it did that a few times and now you just have nothing? If you still have spark I really can't suggest anything but the fuel. How long ago did you get this 91 octane fuel? Also what is your fuel pressure?

I will try to change the fuel that i have in the tank , i belive it had the for month or so. The fuel pressure that i set on my sard reg. is around 50psi, but i notice once i stop cranking the pressure drops

slowly,would that cause less fuel or the duty cycle.

if the pressure drops..there is a leak..in your fuel supply... could be the cause of piston problems

I have check all fuel lines,fittings and on sign of leaks...could the fuel pressure reg. be cause of leaks.

I will be on the look for a new reg.

Thanks

No wonder it's flooding. It should only be around 39psi.

Ok, I thought the stock pressure is around 40 to 45 psi, but I will adjust it at that pressure and give it

a try. Also i need to check on the pressure drop.

Thanks,

How did you go with it?

Ok, I thought the stock pressure is around 40 to 45 psi, but I will adjust it at that pressure and give it

a try. Also i need to check on the pressure drop.

Thanks,

How did you go with it?

I give it a try and still the same. Can hear the plug firing up but still no start.

So, I will be tearing down the engine soon.

Will post pics.

Did you get the base fuel pressure set right and fix that leak?

Doesnt change anything when you turn the CAS sensor around?

Yeh definitely post up when you find what the issue is/was