SAU Community

Mod advice needed!!

Gods_Gift

Guys...i need names an numbers for the following if possible. I just recently bought an R33 GTS-t Skyline a couple of months ago to replace my Satria Gti ( may she rest in piece )...and i've made the decision to turn my new car into a serious Autosalon competitor. :uh-huh:

So i would very greatly appreciate some help! I would like to know who you guys would recommend for the following ( i would do the jobs myself but i am not 100% confident yet in doing self-mods, and i want the skyline to be a masterpiece.)

* Someone to fully retrim the interior...ie. dash panels resprayed/painted, seats retrimmed ( front and back ) Doors painted and retrimmed.

* Someone who does custom made floormats, but preferably chequerplate or similar - not carpet mats.

* Someone who is good, but still reasonable in price to do a full body respray, inc engine bay

* Someone who does custom car audio displays. I just recently bought a sh*tload of audio gear but want something original, fresh and completely custom. My ideas, their work.

Names and numbers, if anyone has them from their own previous mods, would be very greatly appreciated. And also if you have an educated estimate of what the before mentioned mods might cost...that would also be very usefull!! :werd:

I stress though that i would like this car to be finished to perfection....so dont be shy!!

Thank you guys,

Regards Teghan! :angel:

PM a chick called Angel .... she's had all the interior etc done on her car plus a few other bits n pieces she could probably help you out with a lot of the names n numbers & what it cost her.

Lauren

and the good news gods gift is that you dont have to deal with places like RPW anymore. you are now welcome to deal with SST or Hyperdrive or anyone else who actually know about performance in turbo cars.

fantastic

did you try and compact your GTi into an even smaller hatch

poor bugga

Okay Trimcare in carlisle i think has done alot of showcars in the past and still do.

Might as well head down to lombardi brothers in welshpool for that respray, or maybe melville panel and paint

i agree with 33spec2 car audio assessment.

and i am sad that you havent mentioned a bodykit.

but if you are going to get one, i suggest forking out a phenominal amount of money for a kit that comes on a container straight from japan to you, but not one that comes on a container straight from japan to some dodgy hackshop who copy it and then try to mass produce it whilst forgetting that it need to actually fit a car and then the copy goes to you.

okay thats pretty much it. all sorted.

did you insure your proton for like $50,000, i hope thats the payout you got. GOOD LUCK on the journey,

Peace

RiaZ

Also Reprazent ..... she occasionally comes on forums .... PM her ... you probably saw her car at last AutoSalon. .. its one good looking vehicle!

Yeah i can vouch for Technik Car Audio .... owner is a friend of mine

Thanks so much for all the help you guys have given me....keep it coming! Where is SST or Hyperdrive located? Mirkz - i think i have seen you before. Exact same Liner as me, wine red, standard kit, different rims? Ive seen strich9 a few times near The Macca's in Warnbro....i have stood out a little i guess the past few weeks cause i had a minor bingle and have had to duct tape the left side of my front bumper together!!

Should be all good now but cause i pick her up this afternoon from having a new 400R bar put on. Taken months to get here! Apart from that he only mods done is a 3" ss straight through exhaust with high flow cat - and thats how i bought her.

Ive added 18" Advanti's, Apexi turbo timer, alarm, and some audio gear.

I am going for performance as well, they were going to be my next questions. Who to see for performance mods? I have a road idea of what i want, but know some of the bigger changes i want will require smaller mods to support them - and those are the ones i need the most help with!

I plan for a FMIC, Upgraded turbo ( looking at Garret) BOV, K&N Air filter, boost controller, short shifter, new ECu (possibly the POWER FC ) and so on. But i need someone who knows what else will have to be modded in order to support these changes.

Gods_Gift you should come out with us this weekend.

RICE is having a late night cruise (not quite sure which day, either friday or sat most likely). and you can meet a few of the other local boys with the skylines (includin me :( )

and yeah. Be heaps good. If u wanna know more etc, PM me and i can give u details etc.

Heya Gods_Gift,

You live behind warnbro fair area right ? In one of those units? If so, I've seen your car heaps :) I'm all for the show-car scene, I'll get there with mine... one day *sigh*

Jump onto the rice site and meet up with a few of us local peeps! We got a cruise coming up this weekend I think, jump on the RICE forums and have a look see!

http://a.1asphost.com/rockorice

We can also point you in a general direction of where to get stuff done locally too!

-Kym.