SAU Community

* 1998 R34 Gt-t W/ Genuine East Bear Gts-r Kit *

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe powerplay imports is the oz distributor for EB

i'm barely even driving this car anymore, maybe 1 or 2 trips in the last month. Other than that it's just tucked up in the garage :)

Sheng, even though i haven't sold it, i can get a sense of what it's going to be like ;)

It was practically sold a few months ago, price agreed etc, then plugged pulled last minute, he's still hanging around though. Other people said straight out they'd buy it, but financial circumstances change and out they went too. Got someone looking at this this tuesday - most enquiries have been interstate, which obviously makes it hard for viewing. But until people see this car in the flesh, i don't think they realise exactly what the car is about :P

The cool thing is i get the same feedback no-matter which workshop i go to, like Chasers the other day for the compression test saying it's pretty much the nicest GT-T they've see. When you go to places like Chasers and Status, and they say it's one of the best, yu know it's a good benchmark because they would heaps of 34's a year, and more over their life time.

kronz, thanks mate :) even though it's RWD, it certainly doesn't have traction issues like a similar powered commondoor would, that's for sure! :)

Lol, i been throffing over this 34gtt.. i cant believe it hasnt sold... for 30k... especialyl with all the mods its got... and the condition its in.. dw.. you'll get a picky owner that will eventually want to pay the right price for the perfect car. patience is all. i say don't drop the price anymore.. this thing is immaculate.

i won't lie, it's nice to still have the car around... i will miss it terribly :(

dropping it under $30K definitely has generated a lot more interest though, a couple more people have seen it - and it's the same response once people see it in the flesh... they can fully appreciate the level of car they're looking at, as opposed to all the other car ads saying 'immaculate'.

Few months ago I was driving next to you, my jaw literally dropped at how nice this car was.

I'm amazed this hasn't sold, whoever buys it at 30k is getting a ripper deal.

Good luck with the sale!

where bouts were we mate? there was a TV2 GT-T i use to see parked up at L'Oreal office at Sandy, but i don't think L'Oreal is there anymore...

• 2 weeks later...

hahaha, Jeebus would use E85, no, no... Jeebus would turn water into E85. Yep, that's about right ;)

Raigeki, E85 is around 105 Octane, hence it's ability to run more advanced timing. I gained around 30-35rwkw between 98 and E85. Compressions test before and after (about 18months in between) have been near enough to perfect. It is a fantastic fuel which practically eliminates the chance of detonation. When tuning with E85 the actual 'sweet spot' or the point that makes the most power is actually a long way from the point of detonation. A very safe fuel and does a fantastic job of essentially cleaning the car at the same time. For those that have done tear-downs after running E85 report very clean internals (E85 clears out all the carbon build-up afaik)

i'll put the dyno sheets up, i think i have them on file somewhere.

RWC can be arranged :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...