SAU Community

Converting My R33 Gtst To A Ls2 With A Cappa Blower

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Money isn't an issue????? looks more like brains arn't in the posters head, you could buy something pretty decent for the amount you would waste trying to make your stupid idea work. Like I dunno, a decent conditioned tuned R34 GTR easy

Make sure you run a twin screw setup as they offer boost on demand unlike the centrifugal types like Vortech etc... here are two vortech charged cars and look at the difference in boost curves...

Vortech and the centrifugal types are like your worst LAG nightmare and are only useful for dyno comps....

Here is your average boost curve vs a vortech;

typical_boost_curve.jpg

Here is Vortech vs twin screw (kenne bell type)

vortechvskennebell.jpg

and the comparo of the two setups running the same boost.

twinscrewvscertifugal.jpg

drove past his house on friday.. car is still in the exact same spot.. surprised that it hasn't been nicked yet.. and had a vs commy wagon in the driveway lol..

my guess is some douche walking past took a photo for a laugh.. or the OP is really stupid for taking a photo straight out the front of his house which was easily identifyable

hi im wanting to put a gen4 or shall i say a ls2 6litre with a 6 speed and heavey dutey racing clutch .and bolt on a

yada yada...

I say let him do it, let's even assist him with a smile, in the great way us SkLiNer's often do....... :dry:

and let Darwin's Theory do the rest. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here I'll reconstruct his post into something meaningful (note that this is impossible as the intentions of the OP are just plain screwed from the start) with an Oxford spin:

Hello there chaps.

I am conducting some basic background research on the feasibility of converting my R33 Skyline from the well engineered factory setup, to running a Holden Commodore drivetrain - specifically a "Gen 4" (AKA LS2) engine and Tremec T56 gearbox. Ideally, I would like to include an heavy duty clutch in conjunction with this setup. I have also considered the advantages and disadvantages of both twin turbocharger and supercharger setups, should the LS2 be insufficient to meet my power needs - I have reached no certain conclusion on the matter though. Of concern to me is how this setup will affect the handling characteristics of my otherwise well-performing vehicle. I must also ask while I am here, has this been done before? Has anyone accomplished such a feat? Graced my fine province with a beast of burden akin to this? It is quite perplexing to say the least, and frankly, I am running light on patience. The attention of others I do crave, I would like to be remembered as he who succeeded in doing what no other has...remembered as he, who, the very thought of would cause the human mind to implode in a fit of self destruction. I would consider an RB30 and RB26 hybrid conversion, however my affinity for the V8 engine configuration combined with my passionate and everlasting love for the R33 Skyline has prevented me from taking this path. If I can't say it enough, I want this to be something that common man can see and forever have the image of - burned on his retina - for all eternity. I am therefore seeking your collective opinion and invaluable advice concerning my project. Should you be unable to fulfill my requirements, perhaps you could lead me to the path that will take me there. Your correspondence would be a blessing.

Yours sincerely,

Troll.

Man i pissed myself laughing hahaha