SAU Community

Used Car Auctions In Japan

You would be better off contacting someone like Iron Chef or Beer Baron from this site. Let them know what you're looking for and they'll search the auctions for you. If you're planning on buying the car yourself from Japan without a broker site unseen, I'd advise against it. Seen some shocking (and uncompliancable) cars bought that way.

You can't compliance the car yourself.... unless you become a Registered Automotive Workshop, which can take a long time and cost a massive amount of money.

If you do a search on this forum you should be able to find a link to some of the auctions so you can see what cars are around.

priestley's advice is spot on.

do not just buy a car from an exporter without having someone physically inspect it for you. to organise that the best idea is to use a broker. a broker will work hard for little money to get you a good car. they will also help save you time and money with organising compliance, customs clearance, and any other stuff you need done.

as he said you cannot comply a car yourself. to become eligible to comply a car under the SEVS scheme you need to be a RAW. to be a RAW you must be an ISO 9001 certified automotive workshop and even then you must add each model of car you want to comply to your schedule of vehicles. we are talking 10s and 10s if not 100s of thousands of dollars of investment here.

again, best bet it to go with a broker as they will most likely have friendly deals with one or more compliance workshops and will get a price much better than you could just coming in there cold.

• 4 weeks later...
priestley's advice is spot on.

do not just buy a car from an exporter without having someone physically inspect it for you. to organise that the best idea is to use a broker. a broker will work hard for little money to get you a good car. they will also help save you time and money with organising compliance, customs clearance, and any other stuff you need done.

as he said you cannot comply a car yourself. to become eligible to comply a car under the SEVS scheme you need to be a RAW. to be a RAW you must be an ISO 9001 certified automotive workshop and even then you must add each model of car you want to comply to your schedule of vehicles. we are talking 10s and 10s if not 100s of thousands of dollars of investment here.

again, best bet it to go with a broker as they will most likely have friendly deals with one or more compliance workshops and will get a price much better than you could just coming in there cold.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm new to the importing game and am looking at a V35 skyline import... Anyways, what are the import company's you would recommend in Australia??

^^^^^A1 constructive post.

if he imported it himself then FAIR ENOUGH esp if he was working but if he had a decent broker to do it all for him then he really shouldn't have been complaining...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm new to the importing game and am looking at a V35 skyline import... Anyways, what are the import company's you would recommend in Australia??

hi mate, all the cars I've ever imported I buy and import myself so I have never used any aus importers to recommend to you. having said that with V35s now being fairly well stocked in aus, and prices on them falling fairly sharply of late I would also suggest that you look at some in aus too. don't let me talk you out of importing but they are one model where you could definitely score a nice one for a nice price in aus and have the benefit of seeing it in the flesh and getting it quicker. I would suggest that you don't really need a import company/car yard to import the car for you. a switched on broker with good record and good contacts is all you need to get things done. Small brokers can be good as (theoretically) they should have more time to spend on your particular needs and will work hard for you right up till you are driving away in your freshly complied and registered car. word of mouth is very important to us. There are a number on this forum that would be worth checking out for sure. talk to a couple and see who you like. money wise there would only be about $500 between the cheapest and the most expensive so price is not such a concern.

• 4 years later...