SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

I looked around for this information for a while too, and finally when throwing out the shipping box for the turbo found that the information was actually in the box.

Here I was thinking Precision shipped turbos with no information like Garrett do.

There is an inner and outer box, and al the necessary information I needed was between the two. Tear you box apart and you'll probably find it too, along with stickers etc.

If there is one thing the Precision vbands could do to improve their setup, it would be to make the vband positively centre on the housing by machining a matching edge on the housing and flange. Such a simple thing to do, and it greatly improves the seal, load carrying capability and guarantees pipework is centre off the back of the housing.

I thought the same about the vband Ian but I've been playing with it and on mine at least when you tighten the vband it centres perfectly. I would still prefer to see a stepped fit though.

Looking at a 6266 for my 25 neo. What vendor has them at the best price? Best ive found is about $1800 delivered for a t4 divided .84

exchange rate isnt working in your fav currently. Have you tried mercury or powertune for the local distributors?

Looking at a 6266 for my 25 neo. What vendor has them at the best price? Best ive found is about $1800 delivered for a t4 divided .84

Try and get a quote from Raw Brokerage (look for Ricky, tell him the RB'd G in Dubai sent you lol). I got the same exact one a few hundred dollars cheaper.

Well looks like we're starting to come close to what the 7175 is capable of in my car, there's a couple more things we'll try first before we possibly switch to something bigger.

Tapped 51psi a couple of runs and with the car trapping 164.5mph and weighing in at 2670lb it's showing around 925hp at the wheels, Precision rate the turbo to 985hp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSBivS5qmpc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUCVe2Q-x7n-mDvtT1rrV9cg

This is more of a blog / video of the day, don't think you can view it from a mobile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zijeh6axvyc

Well looks like we're starting to come close to what the 7175 is capable of in my car, there's a couple more things we'll try first before we possibly switch to something bigger.

Tapped 51psi a couple of runs and with the car trapping 164.5mph and weighing in at 2670lb it's showing around 925hp at the wheels, Precision rate the turbo to 985hp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSBivS5qmpc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUCVe2Q-x7n-mDvtT1rrV9cg

This is more of a blog / video of the day, don't think you can view it from a mobile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zijeh6axvyc

well and truly flowing more than the 985hp they are specifying then. Congrats on the build man

Thanks guys, I'll make a decision after next time at the track.

Nothing special on the head other than George from Advance decked it by hand with a stone block. No one believes me!

LOL Darren! I don't know what point it will need something special, we'll see if we can squeeze another 5psi out of it.

Then 7675, then 7685, then 8285 all in??..f**k it..just go straight for the Pro-mod..haha

The Precision dude at jambo didn't like it when i asked him when the 80mm turbines are coming back

theres some big holes left from the 7680 and 8280

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

Well, my mate has an 8285 with a .98 housing machined up, it will go straight onto mine, so if I'm going to put a track turbo in, it will be that. I can't even imagine how that would feel on my engine when it comes on....this one hits like a train as it is!