SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

:worship:

Would you like to share your opinion here.. My setup:

OEM S15 DE 10:1cr

VCT delete S13 DE cams

Water injection (not planning to use meth and still on 98)

All relevant supporting mods

Thoughts if I strapped a 5557? Do they come in a twin scroll? I would be willing to run it in the early 20psi range.

I am only considering setups that big now because of the WI kit, otherwise I struggled to avoid knock on a 28RS and the wrong cams :domokun:

Dammit...If I hadnt just lost my job an hour ago I would have ordered one of those 6466's on Monday :(

Jerks Terrrrk mai Jerrrrb

Why does it seem like you indefinitely just lost your job?

Move to Sydney, FARK.

2 were redundancies, this one....basically comes down to the owner being a lieing flamin mongrel hole and saying it was a 3 week trial period instead of the 3 months we agreed upon before I started

OEM S15 DE 10:1cr

VCT delete S13 DE cams

Water injection (not planning to use meth and still on 98)

All relevant supporting mods

Thoughts if I strapped a 5557? Do they come in a twin scroll? I would be willing to run it in the early 20psi range.

I am only considering setups that big now because of the WI kit, otherwise I struggled to avoid knock on a 28RS and the wrong cams :domokun:

I am definitely a lot more sold on the new Precision CEA turbos than I was the older Precision units, very impressive results - though for what you describe there I still favour the likes of a ForcedPerformance HTA GT3076R, if not HTA GT3073R for an SR. Those things have an awesome reputation for response versus their normal Garrett (etc) counterparts, and just happen to punch above their weight too... the Precisions in that size range from all I've seen also punch above their weight, but tend to be a bit laggier too.

Can anyone point me in the direction please for some of these turbo results on a JZA80 but not using over 30psi? eg "normal" boost levels?

Would be nice to compare to a GT3566-82R

I am definitely a lot more sold on the new Precision CEA turbos than I was the older Precision units, very impressive results - though for what you describe there I still favour the likes of a ForcedPerformance HTA GT3076R, if not HTA GT3073R for an SR. Those things have an awesome reputation for response versus their normal Garrett (etc) counterparts, and just happen to punch above their weight too... the Precisions in that size range from all I've seen also punch above their weight, but tend to be a bit laggier too.

How did I know I would get an FP HTA response out of you ;)

But your right and I will need to consider those too!

Can anyone point me in the direction please for some of these turbo results on a JZA80 but not using over 30psi? eg "normal" boost levels?

Would be nice to compare to a GT3566-82R

I have see mid 400kw with one of those an an RB30 at 25psi.

I have always heard the 3566 should be a gun...but I have only ever seen them on rubbish setups and not making the power they should

I'd assume it would come on somewhere between a True 35R and a t04Z, which on a 2J won't be that bad, are you staying auto steve?