SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

I run a 5558 0.63a/r low mounted stock position on 98, 286rwkw at 16psi- was tuned on 18psi, wana take it up to as high as possible -is 23psi do-able safely and how much rwkw should I expect? No e85 -its a daily.

Theres only one other guy on SAU that I know who runs the 5558 on a 34 aswl- he made 392rwkw on e85 high mounted and with ffp.

Got a link to that result? I know of someone who made around 370rwkw with cams, FFP, high mounted etc but not other than that. Do you have those supporting mods, or stock manifolds?

That guy was Kurtis from central coast, tuned by Jez-black 34 sedan- up on youtube aswl, I think its on this thread too, yes I have the usual support mods but no ffp and stock mani, 40mm gate

Gates hanging off rear housing btw, plumbed back -no ghey screamer etc. 23psi please lol. JEM stopped at 18, said it was heating up. I have coated the intake pipes over engine in exhaust wrap and removed the coolant bypass thru throttle body (big difference in getting rid of heating and response, was surprised). Now I can easily touch the intake pipe past throttle body and over injectors with my hand after some high boost redlining runs lol.

Yep that is who I was talking about too, except he made 372kw. I suspect your stock manifolds will quite quickly start making getting any more power on pump gas quite a bit harder as you start pushing past the point you are at now

• Like 1

Yep that is who I was talking about too, except he made 372kw. I suspect your stock manifolds will quite quickly start making getting any more power on pump gas quite a bit harder as you start pushing past the point you are at now

I know. Im just really really hoping to push a smidge past 315-320rwkw like stao has done with his various turbos- I'm after the kick in guts feeling. Whats the highest boost a stock RB25 on 98 has seen safely? I havent seen past 23psi on SAU.

Thats around the limit really of boost on 98 as things start getting hot and detonation starts unfortunately. If not interested in e85 id suggest a water methanol set up. You shojld see close to what you want in power wise with w/m

I know. Im just really really hoping to push a smidge past 315-320rwkw like stao has done with his various turbos- I'm after the kick in guts feeling. Whats the highest boost a stock RB25 on 98 has seen safely? I havent seen past 23psi on SAU.

I can't know for sure, but I know I wouldn't have the confidence to book a dyno tune hoping that much power at JEM on the stock exhaust manifold and a .63a/r housing personally. Remember Stao runs his cars on a hub dyno, and uses a Brae exhaust manifold... one way or another it is quite likely to make things much easier to make that kind of power, especially as the boost gets up.

I'd expect a PT5558 should be able to flow a bit better than a GT3076R - but you'll need the whole setup to be up to the standard of making that power on 98.

I did consider wmi since its a daily, but seeing as its not popular I rang up n spoke to Mark from Unigroup, hes not a fan of it either and said he wouldnt bother with it, said theres a few things that could go wrong if not setup right yada yada

I know my stock mani and 98 fuel is the limiting factor here, but stao was making good power well past 300rwkw on stock mani before he got the Brae mani, what I didnt know was that his is a hub dyno lol, so maybe thats why.. What are your thoughts on wmi Lith, yay or nay, I have read the threads btw, and remember Kurtis was also on the 0.63a/r 5558, but he had a aftermarket mani

You need to remember Stao is not running the same turbo as you. You shouldn't be comparing what he got unless you are running the same turbo.

In your case the turbo has a much smaller exhaust housing to give you the spool effect you are after. Staos turbo is running a larger housing which will help fend off detonation.

In my own case 23psi was also the limit of 98. I was getting ping at that level.