SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

Detonation on pump fuel would also depend on cam/headwork too. As larger duration camshafts would lower dynamic compression. You may find some cars that have been built very well may make a lot of power and only gain a rather small amount(in comparison to others) when switching to E85/C16. Your limiting factors would be the small exhaust housing/pump fuel/standard manifold.

Standard mani-mick o has made 340rwkw on e85 stock mani low mounted, mafia did 320rwkw low mount 3076 0.63a/r, theres been others in this power range with stock mani so I would tend to think its not as limiting as the pump fuel n housing

Yep Mafia had wmi, check out the new manifold thread- scottynm35 said someone just made 430rwkw throught a stock mani on an RB- hes a pretty respected fellow here and theres no reason to doubt his claims.

Same here - Tuned by Jez, SR20 GTX3071 0.82 limited by knock on 287kw/18psi on 98 pootral.

Unfortunately its E85 if I want to go more.

Anyone tracking a car that close to the knock threshold on petrol needs to get ready for a new tractor engine imo. Considering I made nearly 60kw more on the same turbo with an auto, and was nowhere near the knock limit...

"Unfortunately?" what have you got against e85 anyway?

"Unfortunately" the stuff is in poor supply in NSW.

I kind of like being able to fill up when I need to, rather than have a car only capable of blasting around my own block and needing a trailer and jerry cans to go to wakefield (3 hours drive out of Sydney, where most of us live).

"Unfortunately" the stuff is in poor supply in NSW.

I kind of like being able to fill up when I need to, rather than have a car only capable of blasting around my own block and needing a trailer and jerry cans to go to wakefield (3 hours drive out of Sydney, where most of us live).

That attitude is probably why there are no pumps getting installed. :P

Anyone tracking a car that close to the knock threshold on petrol needs to get ready for a new tractor engine imo. Considering I made nearly 60kw more on the same turbo with an auto, and was nowhere near the knock limit...

"Unfortunately?" what have you got against e85 anyway?

Ha. Troll.

You made 60kw more on what kind of boost? 26/28 pound wasn't it?

Jez knows I flog the car, and thus it is tuned accordingly.Wouldn't have lasted 2 full wakefield days if it was on the limit. I know its hard to remember a time before E85 for you, but people still did track cars back then :P

• Like 1

A lot of people wanting to see a 6466 on an RB26 dyno sheet... I will post this pic and vid but keep in mind it's not finished yet. The 6466 turbo is pretty awesome. We did an overlay of this turbo compared to the old setup (twin GT28-10's) and the car makes heaps more torque and power in the mid range compared to the twins.

583kw on 30psi

Precision 6466 with 0.84 rear

6 boost mani with 50mm turbosmart gate

280degree 10.8 Tomei cams, bigger valves, springs, retainers, porting etc

E98 Ethanol from Powerplus

Tuned by Trent @ Chequered Tuning (0414 944 146)

GTRdyno_zps1b56479c.jpg

Still running off wastegate spring pressure (no boost controller), hits 23psi at 4500rpm. Needs a larger gate because it starts to creep up slowly towards 30psi (hence the increasing torque curve). Holds 30psi after about 7000rpm til redline so we can probably run more boost after the ignition is upgraded (blows out spark above 30psi). Definitely more left in it.

• Like 1

A lot of people wanting to see a 6466 on an RB26 dyno sheet... I will post this pic and vid but keep in mind it's not finished yet. The 6466 turbo is pretty awesome. We did an overlay of this turbo compared to the old setup (twin GT28-10's) and the car makes heaps more torque and power in the mid range compared to the twins.

583kw on 30psi

Precision 6466 with 0.84 rear

6 boost mani with 50mm turbosmart gate

280degree 10.8 Tomei cams, bigger valves, springs, retainers, porting etc

E98 Ethanol from Powerplus

Still running off wastegate spring pressure (no boost controller), hits 23psi at 4500rpm. Needs a larger gate because it starts to creep up slowly towards 30psi (hence the increasing torque curve). Holds 30psi after about 7000rpm til redline so we can probably run more boost after the ignition is upgraded (blows out spark above 30psi). Definitely more left in it.

That is a fantastic result! Very nice, thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Cool. what rear housing are you running on the 25/30 and are you retaining VCT?

Very impressive results! Here is a progress picture of my 6466 mounted on my 30/25 motor. Motor was getting put back in today and I got a quick snap

IMAG0239_zpsd1f57681.jpg