SAU Community

Dt Panels.

glaze

Hey Guys,

Just thought I would let you know that I left my car with Vu from DT Panels to do some paint work on my midnight purple R33 GTR, and I am a happy man.

My car has a badly cracked front bar, as well as numerous stone chips, chipped vented bonnet and poorly painted rear pods. The guys from DT Panels painted all items at 1/3 of the price of anyone else I asked and have done a great job!!! Great no fuss service, quality work at a fabulous price!!

I know most of you guys might have a few small items that need painting, but always hold off because of cost, as I did, but these guys were great.

Highly recommend them to anyone on the SAU forums:)

Edited by glaze

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they are great, just putting away a little bit of dough now, then I'll be going back there spray my front bar and bonnet lol

Aww so no carbon fibre bonnet lip like we talked about at the meet?

Yea they did my whole car. Am happy with the majority of it but there are a few things bothering me. Which they refuse to fix

thats the general consensus i hear and i found the same good for the price but not perfect, not that i had a whole car sprayed but yeh

I was parked in town today and unfortunately returned to my car with an ugly dent at the front of my bonnet, on

my gtt. Looks like a wanker with a tow ball reversed into it.

It's the size of a golf ball and has scratched off a bit of paint. Does anyone have any idea how much it should cost to fix?

Grr!

Yea they did my whole car. Am happy with the majority of it but there are a few things bothering me. Which they refuse to fix

Same boat. Everything I've ever had back has had something wrong with it. I've been told to f*ck off now so yeah... I need a new panel beater :thumbsup:

Don't ask me for details as I won't give them, I've learnt my lesson there before. Shame, I had considered Vu my friend and sent plenty of work his way.

I am glad other SAU members have posted there experiences, as I will continue to do the same with all the people I employ to work on my GTR. I will keep an eye on my panels to see if anything comes up and post the results, but for me so far so good.

was just down there today, and was having a chat about new processes and equipment, from what i could tell things have stepped up a couple of notches. And I had my whole car and kit resprayed there, and most people know what the condition/quality of my paint is like (nearly 4 years on now)

i guess there is always going to be good and bad experiences at every workshop (still never heard of one bad word about Race Pace though, hahah, exception that proves the rule perhaps) and i don't want to be the devils advocate but there are 2 sides to every story, and panel beating sometimes can just be about making the best of what's been given to you if budget is not a huge one. Hopefully the above concerns are not related to after market fibreglass kits etc, because like i said... you can only do so much with what's been presented sometimes. Just my 2 cents.

bit sad to hear Julz that it's come to what it's come to for you :) I tell a lot of people to head to Vu as well.

Kris, everything seemed ok when i was chatting to you about your car at RE the other night? something pop-up since? sorry to hear as well

got any pics 'glaze'? ;)

Sadly, that's not a probable course of action - yet...

Everyone knows the rules, at least for once people are following them, hence it's stayed open. I'm as surprised as the next person.

That said no doubt by the end of the w/e there will be someone that just can't help themselves and this thread won't be here come Monday.

vu has always been obliging, and some of the paint work he has done for me is good and his prices are awesome. however there are issues that i have spotted after the fact and now im cbf going back to him with them. i'll be taking my car somewhere else next time though

Get what you pay for guys...this never rings truer than when it comes to automotive services because the whole industry is built around break even and shitty cash flow.

Get what you pay for guys...this never rings truer than when it comes to automotive services because the whole industry is built around break even and shitty cash flow.

Agreed, I think I'll drop back there and ask if they are willing to fix up the issue or not, if not would posting pics be against SAU rules?

I'm not quite sure if posting pics of what my current lower lip looks like is "slandering" or not...

^^ It would probably be better not to.

Glaze you got pics of your beast? At least show us the result and make this thread even more interesting!

Yes yes you do indeed get what you pay for...you cant expect the job to be perfect considering the money you pay and how quickly they move cars through there.

Now if you went to a place like say MP Smash in clayton you would pay alot more but they spend x10 more time prepping the car and all of their customers are x10 more happy with the end result.

But hey lets take it easy in here because it is in fact really good to read about peoples experiences with something as crucial as paintwork without the thread being closed.

That's true. But my point to him was I that I never dictated the prices he charged me. I'd been going there for about 4 years.

I'm not here to badmouth anyone. So no I will not be posting pictures or giving details, but anyone is welcome to look at my car in person and make up their own mind.