SAU Community

Another George Fury Dr30 Is Back Racing In Historics

And haven't seen an 105E Anglia for years. I used to race against them with 289 V8's in them at Warwick Farm. Was this car V8 powered?

Hi Dennis,

No it's not a V8. Here's a better pic:

post-61769-1270529268_thumb.jpg

Nice rims!

JH

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't have a scanner working at present, but maybe these pics will suffice.

D

My Car looks very differnt under the bonnet to the car in that pic. That engine bay shot, is of the 85-86 cars.

Even tho the program is from 1987, that doesn't mean the pic is. My air box, radiator and a heap of other stuff is different. My car also had more power for 1987, 276kw versus 246 in 1986. Mine does not have a rear stabiliser bar either.

Mine was the only one set up for radials, so maybe this is why the roll cage is so different, no strut brace, and no rear stabiliser.

My car had been rebuilt also before it was retired. Everything in it is new, including shocks, springs etc.

I just watched the videos of it at phiilip island and it looks like a bit of a handful! Is that a bad ignition breakdown down the main straight?

My Car looks very differnt under the bonnet to the car in that pic. That engine bay shot, is of the 85-86 cars.

Even tho the program is from 1987, that doesn't mean the pic is. My air box, radiator and a heap of other stuff is different. My car also had more power for 1987, 276kw versus 246 in 1986. Mine does not have a rear stabiliser bar either.

Mine was the only one set up for radials, so maybe this is why the roll cage is so different, no strut brace, and no rear stabiliser.

My car had been rebuilt also before it was retired. Everything in it is new, including shocks, springs etc.

Where's the happy snaps then!! Would love to see that engine bay! What car was featured in zoom? Was that Gavin's?

I just watched the videos of it at phiilip island and it looks like a bit of a handful! Is that a bad ignition breakdown down the main straight?

No it's on the limiter with 411 gearset, needs 3.7's at Phillip Island.

Where's the happy snaps then!! Would love to see that engine bay! What car was featured in zoom? Was that Gavin's?

No, that car is mine, when it belonged to Terry Ashwood, it was taken out of the restaurant for that feature.

No, that car is mine, when it belonged to Terry Ashwood, it was taken out of the restaurant for that feature.

Pics of my engine bay.

P1040480.jpg

Straight after the fire in teh engine bay.

13032010103.jpg

Cazz,

Do you know what spring rates are in the back of your #30 car?

No idea Ghostrider, but it needs some better ones. When the car is on the air jacks and warming up, the movement in the rear is unreal.

• 4 weeks later...