SAU Community

Conniving Canary

Skyzo

best thing I ever did to the skyline (other than the 3L :)) was raise it up off its' balls. Handles better, better bump steer characteristics and no longer had to fear speed bumps.

Always great to know when someone 'sees the light'!!!!!

:D

your exhaust will scrap if you dont have at least 100mm clearance

sometimes the inspector will also fail you because the car should be 100mm with a car full of people

no intrusion bar is also a big no no

plenty of bolt on kits nowdays without removing the bar

as for yellow stickers they happen from time to time

you'll get used to it

As far as I know all fmic's except the ARC return flow need angle grinding of bar.

Even the justjap return flow does.

Unless you know of some that don't?

Also OP sucks your car got stickered.. chin up and get it off.. are they r32 gtr wheels on a 33? look sweet mate!

your basically bitching about getting a yellow for shit that IS illegal, hmmmmm???

the only one i dont believe is the tyre load stamp! have you had a look?

yeah they were imported with the car from Japan, they are Toyo Trampio Vimode 255/40ZR17's gonna put on the new Toyo Proxes 4's, that'll solve the problem......

R33's came with special batteries which allowed a tube to be plugged into the battery. This tube then went down thru a hole in boot and out under neath somewhere. This allowed the battery to ventilate. If you have changed your battery to an australian one, then i doubt it came with this modifcation on the battery.

There is also vents in the boot it self, bottom drivers side in the corner.. Take a look. Im sure that these are there due to the battery being in the boot.

I am running a jap spec battery so ive managed to keep that tubing. IF i was to go Australian type battery, i would just get a dry cell which doesnt need ventilaton as far as i am aware... =)

sweet, cheers. I have located the breather and the vent hole. the battery is as safe as Fort Knox, however the pits said they still want the battery vented to atmosphere via the breather, will look at a gel filled battery to get around this problem.

your exhaust will scrap if you dont have at least 100mm clearance

sometimes the inspector will also fail you because the car should be 100mm with a car full of people

no intrusion bar is also a big no no

as for yellow stickers they happen from time to time

you'll get used to it

yeah gonna take the Hybrid fmic out and put the rock stock baby back in. do u know where i can get a bolt on kit for the bumper support bracket?

If not i spose I'll hav to track down a wreck n do a bit of cut n shut??

I love these.

1:

The lowest point of your entire car and ALL of its equipment must be above 100mm.

This is not just to stop you from looking like a jack-ass, but its practacle.

2:

What cheap ass brand tyres are they ?

3:

Sorry buddy, but your intercooler is NOT stronger than your crash bar....your intercooler was probably installed for aesthetics and power you don't really need. The crash bar is there to save you, and your car. Again, don't do shit the cheap way - install the intercooler properly without cutting / shutting, and you have no drama's. If you need to cut the bbar to get it in there, the intercooler is too big. You don't need an intercooler too big to fit in there without structural modification.

4:

This is a simple ADR ... no comment.

1. i've got Tein coil overs so adjusting is no biggy

2. They are Toyo Trampio Vimode - came from Japan with the car - their road rules don't inforce tyre load ratings

3. The Hybrid fmic came with the car I didnt fit it, so I must rectify as stated

4. Gel filled battery will suffice and resolve this issue

I know its a pain in the ass, however I dont hoon or drive dangerously and only take the car out rarely. I wasnt doing anything wrong on the day but I have to do as i have to do to keep it legal and on the road....................

Roll on buddy.................

As far as I know all fmic's except the ARC return flow need angle grinding of bar.

Even the justjap return flow does.

Unless you know of some that don't?

Also OP sucks your car got stickered.. chin up and get it off.. are they r32 gtr wheels on a 33? look sweet mate!

The rims are Enkeii raceline. Tyres are Toyo 245fr and 255rear.

Thanks for the positive reply, most guys have just said sucked in, thought I'd get a better reception being a Skyline owner and joining this forum.

But I spose what you expect and what you get are 2 different things hey.

Safe drifting buddy :( L8Rz

Im not suprised, my car got a yellow for only 1 reason - the lowest point on my car (my dump pipe) was 90mm off the ground, only 10mm off the legal limit

funny thing was, i gave way to him as he passed me at a round about and then later down the road, around 100m, he stopped at a bus top, waited for me to pass, and then sped up behind me, right up my ASS.. then sirens come on.. im thinking..... wat the f**k man, ur kidding me.....

then hes like, this is a random license and breathaliser check, im like bullshit! (in my head ofcourse) acted all nice and polite, and he still slapped on a yellow

some cops really have their priorities ALL WRONG, anyone who challenges me on this should be shot!

damn strait, Im hearing you buddy.......................

too low rule is still dumb.. if the car scrapes shit it's not harming anyone

only a safety issue if you've got cut springs

So, if you lose control and head for a kerb, it's just as safe if you blow all four tyres and f**k your suspension, opposed to if you're lowered car's chassis rails clip the kerb and your car does a front flip or rolls 3 times .... ?

It's also a safety issue when you're 5mm off the ground, your braking isnt exactly tip top.

Thread is starting to track off course.

You got a yellow.

Points needed to clear yellow have been outlined to you.

Things like this happen. Make the car legal and get the yellow fellow off the car.

Thread Closed.