SAU Community

Need To Get Thermostat Fitted Asap

Zaver

Hey guyz, I just picked up a nismo Thermostat for my R34 and i need to get it fitted before tuesday.. As i am going to gold coast and will be bak just in time for my track day at phillip island.. Considering its the weekend and monday a few shops maybe closed also..

If there is anyone who can do a backyard job anytime before tuesday, it would be appreciated.. Will pay for the fitting..

Thanks guyz..

Well when i went to winton for a drift day.. My water temps were constantly going to 109 degree's.. And im sure at philip island on a full track day it will definetly keep increasing..

Well iv bought the nismo one, which opens up at 62 degrees comapred to the factory one which opens at 76 degrees.. So it wud atleast take a bit more time before it reaches 109 degree's..

Not really, you have some temp control issues, altering the thermostat open rarely fixes this.

What will happen however, is driving around the street your car will now be virtually on the cold start map all the time giving you very nasty economy until you adjust your ECU's coldstart temp thresholds.

Do you have a FMIC?

as nismoid said, all your nismo thermostat will do is open completely at a lower temperature than the factory one and it'll just take your car longer to warm up, which in turn equals higher average fuel consumption.. i really never understood these thermostats.

if however you believe your current thermostat is jammed slightly closed then go for it, i'd still put a standard one in there but it's up to you seeing as you've allready bought it. generally speaking thermostats fail by jamming completely open which makes your car take forever to get up to temp.