SAU Community

Lexus Lfa

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like people that buy gtr's ?

:)

Only problem with that is the GTR is an affordable supercar that beats more expensive euro competitors and absolutely dicks on anything that is close to its price range. If I'm spending $350k on a car I wouldn't be buying a Toyota :thumbsup:

Only problem with that is the GTR is an affordable supercar that beats more expensive euro competitors and absolutely dicks on anything that is close to its price range. If I'm spending $350k on a car I wouldn't be buying a Toyota :thumbsup:

Agreed.

I believe that the strategies applied by Carlos Ghosn with the GT-R's price structure and marketing approach are already turning a lot more heads now - and he will build on this > and then work upwards. His approach with the Renault Sport Clio Cup & Megane RS 250 is similar.

Before the LFA was marketed, Toyota I think should have tested the waters by bringing out a 7th gen Supra > and then work upwards.

In other words, if the LFA approach is stretched too thin & remains an overextended project, it could end up torpedo-ing any projects at the next level down.

But hey... I've been wrong before!

It looks try hard... very very try hard.

Real grills look terrible too IMO.

Its just looks like its trying way too hard to look like a super car, when in fact, most of the real supercars go for the 'less is more' approach

welllll lexus made this car as an experiment - hence their limited run...

this IS their "testing of waters"

there's what... 300 being made??? hardly a production car - it's merely lexus showing off what they have the capacity to make...

that said... bring on the FT86!!! and who says a new supra is not in the making?

never say never - that's Toyota's motto* and always has been

*may not be Toyotas motto

I have my "own theory" on why production is at 300.

- Toyota want to make the car exclusive as part of a marketing campaign. For the people that are not in the know about the ins and outs of cars would automatically assume toyota/lexus make cars FAR more superior to any other brand - seriously 1/2 million bucks for a Lexus????? (I have no doubt about quality, design and performance here... but a Lexus at this price... That's serious Ferrari money right there - sure the car maybe made out of space age materials - but you have a GT-R made of more "common materials" with similar performance)

- The 300 units are production model "test beds", which showcase Toyota's technical potential which "may" filter down to general production models... who knows there maybe a MK5 Supra in the horizon.

- Hard to sum it up. But the LF-A in my opinion is a gloryfied "test mule/prototype" which is being sold to the public at limited numbers. Prototype cars cost manufacturers millions of dollars to begin with, maybe that is why there is all this nonsense about Toyota losing money on each car.....

If it was priced competitively with the GTR it would be a great car, but it isnt, its an absolute RIP-OFF and only wankers who want a car someone elses hasn't got will buy it

well you don't have to buy it then do you?

Isn't that the point of owning a car that no body else has? Thats why toyota made this car.

If you think thats a rip off how about the veyron? why do we have supercars? why don't we all drive daihatsu? anything more expensive than a charade is overpriced with your logic.

I can't stand people that bag out others for their purchases, i could assure you if you had a billion dollars, or probably even 50 million you would buy one just because you can and your not fussed about the price, but i mean thats what a real cashed up car enthusiast would do. If I had hundreds of millions i'd buy or atleast pay to drive every car I could get my hands on purely for the experience of trying everything and because i have the means to do it.

So i gather your saying that car enthusiasts are wankers by what you said?

A real car enthusiast can appreciate ALL good cars, and not only one brand, R35 isn't the best car ever made, you come across as one of these guys that thinks the R35 is the only car in the world worth driving.

All I ask is to think of things from someone elses purspective because you sound very ignorant.

Back to thread, LFA looks promising as a supercar, but for the price i'd get the Ferrari 458 Italia unless the LFA is much much better

the price of the lfa is going to be way more than $350k, try $500+.

Looking at other supercars overseas we pay one of the highest prices for new cars than any other developed country in the world.

EG: a brand new F430 costs $480k + extras + ORC.

Same car in the UK new costs $250k AUD

Even a holden monaro is cheaper to buy in europe than it is here from holden

I see the LFA price not being proportionate compared to the US prices.

If it was priced competitively with the GTR it would be a great car, but it isnt, its an absolute RIP-OFF and only wankers who want a car someone elses hasn't got will buy it

EVO and Car etc have been testing them for a few issues now and they say its brilliant. Personally, i love the styling, love the engine note, power is nice too. I LOVE the fact its rwd and more of an entertainment / experience car. Like the Carrera GT, plenty of cars were quicker then it but general consensus was the GT experience is a league better then the other hyper cars, many of which are quicker.

You are not a wanker because of the car you own. You are a wanker because how you carry on about owning a certain car.

I think the LF-A is 85% perfect, give it a 3 pedal manual and i would be saying 100% cool, and woudl be 10kgs ligter from less electrics/hydraulics :P

conventional manual is almost dead in the supercar world :P

You are not a wanker because of the car you own. You are a wanker because how you carry on about owning a certain car.[/i]

Brilliantly said

Im sure the LFA will be a limited production. Unlike the gtr which thousands will be built.

Think it more of a feat of engineering. Like the bugattie veyron. They knew they would lose money, but did it to show it can be done.

You cant compare a supercar LFA to a GTR.

Is that how much an F430 is? Geez, what happen to GFC?? Ive seen a few F430's just here in Syd!

I love the LF-A, Some think of it as the MKV Supra hehe. I hate the fact most of the newer cars are filled with electronic (g)aids, and flappy padel gearboxes. It takes the challenge, fun and excitment out of driving. Ive watched a few Youtube clips of R35 GTR's doing under 1:05's at wakefield. While its damn fast, the driver seems like he has a sandwhich in one hand, and the other hand smoking a cuban! When Im doing 7's at Wakefield in a rwd floor shifted manual, im sweatin my ass off, using both feet and hands simultaneously! While its not doing 5's, its damn fun and challenging. Cars are becoming all about numbers IMO. Who can produce the loweest number at the back of Motor/Wheels? 0-100, 100-0, 400m, Shift speed times, how fast they can get to redline etc, while not thinking if it as a drivers car!

Is that how much an F430 is? Geez, what happen to GFC?? Ive seen a few F430's just here in Syd!

I love the LF-A, Some think of it as the MKV Supra hehe. I hate the fact most of the newer cars are filled with electronic (g)aids, and flappy padel gearboxes. It takes the challenge, fun and excitment out of driving.

The LFA has paddle shifts too...

I think pretty much all current super cars have paddle shifts, old manual is almost extinct in modern super cars.

As for the LFA, I think its a brilliant car, I would consider buy it if I had the $$$.

The way I see it, if cost similar to euro super car & have similar(or better) performance/handling & reliability to a euro super car then theres a good chance I'll consider buying it (if I had the $$$), I don't care about brand nor do I see (or care about) the so called "prestige" you get when u buy a particular brand over another.

I love the LF-A, Some think of it as the MKV Supra hehe. I hate the fact most of the newer cars are filled with electronic (g)aids, and flappy padel gearboxes. It takes the challenge, fun and excitment out of driving. Ive watched a few Youtube clips of R35 GTR's doing under 1:05's at wakefield. While its damn fast, the driver seems like he has a sandwhich in one hand, and the other hand smoking a cuban! When Im doing 7's at Wakefield in a rwd floor shifted manual, im sweatin my ass off, using both feet and hands simultaneously! While its not doing 5's, its damn fun and challenging. Cars are becoming all about numbers IMO. Who can produce the loweest number at the back of Motor/Wheels? 0-100, 100-0, 400m, Shift speed times, how fast they can get to redline etc, while not thinking if it as a drivers car!

Sounds like you need to get into a Noble M600.

Would they be classed as a Supercar?