Mazda Furai's

Super Mega Hypercars:

Citroen C-Metisse

Super Mega Redonkolous Hypercars:

Bertone Pandion

duh.

Yeah pretty accurate I'd say...

But why the apostrophes?

"GTR's" = GTRs. Plurals don't need apostrophes...

haha jks just being a prick :woot:

On topic, I reckon the new supra could even be a Lexus, as opposed to a Toyota.

I'd LOVE to see a new supra, with a reincarnation of a JZ motor. A big power 6 with forced induction, not like their poor effort with the FT-86 (N/A 4 banger...)

Subaru have it turbocharged and AWD, then toyota have it non-turbo and RWD. FAIL.

Yeah pretty accurate I'd say...

But why the apostrophes?

"GTR's" = GTRs. Plurals don't need apostrophes...

haha jks just being a prick :woot:

On topic, I reckon the new supra could even be a Lexus, as opposed to a Toyota.

I'd LOVE to see a new supra, with a reincarnation of a JZ motor. A big power 6 with forced induction, not like their poor effort with the FT-86 (N/A 4 banger...)

Subaru have it turbocharged and AWD, then toyota have it non-turbo and RWD. FAIL.

I'd imagine the next "Supra MKV" would probably be powered by a varient of the Toyota 2GR engine with twin turbo - as opposed to a JZ engine.

how is ft86 a fail?

apparently subaru is ditching the 4wd and possibly scrapping their variant all together

and how is a highly tuned VVT NA 4 cyl a "fail"???

it's the FT86 concept - based on the AE86 concept. which as i remember, was a RWD non turbo, was never marketed as such. and never came with any forced induction. toyota is just re-living that feeling. let them!

how is ft86 a fail?

apparently subaru is ditching the 4wd and possibly scrapping their variant all together

and how is a highly tuned VVT NA 4 cyl a "fail"???

it's the FT86 concept - based on the AE86 concept. which as i remember, was a RWD non turbo, was never marketed as such. and never came with any forced induction. toyota is just re-living that feeling. let them!

because no one in japan outside a handful of povo drifters (who can't afford new cars anyways) and workshops seem to care about a RWD platform N/A. The market is much more polarised these days, hence the shift towards fewer models with greater variance between them.

Want a cheap small RWD N/A coupe? buy a hyundai genesis when it comes out.

sooooooooooooo munkeh you're telling me nobody in japan cares about rwd nonturbo.. orr people outside of japan? that's not to say you can't make turbo kits for them... they're a blank canvas i suppose

not to shoot you down in fear of your mighty banstick... but

rwd non turbo coupes

V35 skyline

350Z

370Z

s2000

hyundai genesis

Toyota FT86

so - there IS a market for them.

lexus. the lfa. what about it =)

not nobody, just not large enough a market share to make it viable for parent companies of japanese manufacturers to approve. not like the old days before revolutionaries like Gohsn stepped in to remove 6 models that were the same shit with a slightly different headlight.

V35 skyline - not for sale in japan any more

350Z - not for sale in japan any more

370Z - midrange sports coupe for nissan, the v36 is a luxury sports coupe

s2000 - not for sale in japan any more

hyundai genesis - not for sale in japan yet

Toyota FT86 - does not exist

Toyota sells a Altezza/Lexus IS at a similar price point to what people expect to buy a FT86 at. Its a RWD N/A. Why would they make another one until the Lexus IS brand establishes itself as a "luxury sports car" in japan? Keep in mind in the eyes of the japanese an Altezza is just a RWD corolla. Toyota is still trying to establish Lexus as a luxury brand over there.

not nobody, just not large enough a market share to make it viable for parent companies of japanese manufacturers to approve. not like the old days before revolutionaries like Gohsn stepped in to remove 6 models that were the same shit with a slightly different headlight.

Toyota sells a Altezza/Lexus IS at a similar price point to what people expect to buy a FT86 at. Its a RWD N/A. Why would they make another one until the Lexus IS brand establishes itself as a "luxury sports car" in japan? Keep in mind in the eyes of the japanese an Altezza is just a RWD corolla. Toyota is still trying to establish Lexus as a luxury brand over there.

Could that be why they are introducing the FT86 then? To delete the "Altezza" and sell it as the Lexus ISxxx