SAU Community

Rough Idling/popping From Exhaust But Rpm Not Adjusting?

hi again

another issue with my car:

On cold idle the car seems ok but as the rpm's come down for warm idle, I start hearing popping and missing coming out the exhaust. If I take it for a spirited drive and pull it up the misses are quite evident and it sounds like its all over the place but the rpm's aren't altering in any way.

I had a map2ecu fitted to the car over a year ago which did the car no favours. I had it removed and the oem ecu remapped and its been fine for a good while but now this issue has arrived.

I had heard that the map2ecu can cause damage to splitfire coilpacks and I'm thinking that they've finally given up the ghost as the car now does the classic 'brrrrrrrrr' hesitation at 5500rpm on full throttle.

my question is would the coilpacks being jaffed cause any kind of rough idling/missing?

I've checked the airflowmeter and that seems fine. Even took the square section off to check the soldered connections and they're like new so thats good.

any ideas guys I'd really appreciate it! thanks!

ant

Hey, it could be any of the few: ignition - spark plugs/coil packs, electrical - maybe try a stock ecu (if your cars stock) since your afm seems fine already, fuel - fuel pump ok??. If it misses up to, most likely engine not receiving enough fuel.