SAU Community

M35 Exhaust

Well I bit the bullet and this Kakimoto cat back arrived last night! Unfortunately the quick install saw a snapped stud last night.... typical - two bolts to install and one broke!

will fit it today when I get a chance and post some pics and feedback

The quality is awesome, and im sure its alot lighter than the massive factory item!

Ben.

post-4475-1271192362_thumb.jpg

I would be interested in hearing if anyone else is getting a dump pipe and front pipe made up to fit an aftermarket exhaust. So there is a possibility Westside has a flange to fit?

I think i have westsides flange. i did most of the footwork to get em off the ground there. i had about 10 lazer cut in the beginning after buying the hack job of a flange from liverpool exhaust.

get together and get westside to make a bunch more, i wouldnt mind my one now haha

Well I bit the bullet and this Kakimoto cat back arrived last night! Unfortunately the quick install saw a snapped stud last night.... typical - two bolts to install and one broke!

will fit it today when I get a chance and post some pics and feedback

The quality is awesome, and im sure its alot lighter than the massive factory item!

Ben.

post-4475-1271192362_thumb.jpg

Mmmm... Kakimoto N1 Hyper Mega.

Very pretty indeed. Can't beat JDM aftermarket gear for quality, particularly for exhausts :D

Out of curiosity, who did you get it in through and how long ff it take?

will be interested to hear you comments on how you find the exhaust inside the car as that is a pretty small middle muffler.

But it does look nice.

Should be around the 95dB mark at the tip if I recall correctly.

Will sound awesome though.

Youtube vid please! :)

Edited by iamhe77

Well bolted it up today after grinding a stud off and punching it through the original front pipe... why is nothing simple when it comes to cars?

But it was well worth it! the kakimoto isnt too loud, but has a great low down grumble at idle, and screams very nicely up top!

Its definitely louder than a Legalis, but i would like to think the kakimoto flows a lot better - there is a noticeable increase in power, which surprised me quite a bit. I didnt expect to see much improvement until dump/front and cat were done. It seems to pull a bit more down low, and alot more up top than the standard exhaust.

I got my brother to do some drive-by runs on quiet country road, and it sounds great from outside :)

Ill get some pics of it installed over the next day or so - I dont have a video camera - so not sure if i can record any sound :D

It sits a little low doesn't it? You will have to be careful with that.

And that's why I decided not to get a Kaki because it sits a bit too low for my liking, especially when my car is 2.5" lower. But if the height wasn't an issue, I would've bought one of these exhausts as I've used Kaki on my other cars.

For flow wise, it will beat the Fujitsubo no doubt as it doesnt have a mid muffler.

well the test was the driveway to my unit. I would scrape pretty heavily with the old exhaust, and while the kakimoto still touches, its not as bad as the stock. same goes with the local supermarket carpark, all the bumps there would slightly scrape and now it clears it!

I think it sits lower at the tip and inline with the rear axle (but because there are wheels there it wont scrape there very often...)

• 3 weeks later...

That front pipe (Garage Mac) is what about 11 people have now. One was bought off IM and 10 more made from this design.

Works well and gives lots more low to mid range power.